Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sundays In Bed With... The End of Your Life Book Club

Welcome to my Sundays In Bed With... Meme! The meme that dares to ask, what book has been in your bed this morning?  Come share what book you've spent time curled up reading in bed, or which book you wish you had time to read today!

Sorry this is going up so late, but yesterday was busy!  My family got together to hang out, drink and play cornhole... because basically we are suburban rednecks.  Also, my brother Patrick is going to Afghanistan for a year later this month.  He's been trying to get a civilian job over there for awhile now, and when it finally comes through it seems to move pretty fast.  I am assuming that this is to avoid people really stopping and thinking, Wow, is it really worth all this money to go out to the Middle East for a year?  A lot of people that I have told about my brother's future job plans have asked if he's taking his family with him. The answer is NO, he is not taking his beautiful wife and or his three gorgeous daughters to live for a year in the desert inside of a military base. 

And then the Hubs surprised me with an overnight date here in town.  My mom lives with us now, which works out really well, but still my mom lives with us now.  It was very romantic and fun, but next time he needs to give me warning, because I didn't even have a hair brush or deodorant.  I personally like to keep my b.o. a Secret (spring breeze) and I like to brush my hair before going out to breakfast... maybe that's just me?  The hotel was nice, only they had the kind of toilets designed to use less water, and you have to hold down the button in order to S L O W L Y flush it, and it was exhausting.  Flushing should not require that much effort!  The best part of our hotel?  It was connected to a River City Diner, which we love, and we got discounts for eating there.   Actually the best part of the hotel is that my mom wasn't there, but the Hubs was. Thank you, babe! ;)


Back to the actual meme though!  This morning (afternoon), I'm in bed with: 

The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe.  I'm reading this as part of an online book club, and it's amazing.  I had to take a break earlier this month because one of my Alzheimer's patients took a turn for the worse, but she's doing a little better now.  I will still probably weep like a baby though.  I met the author at BEA at the Bloggers Breakfast and he spoke with so much love about his mom, and she was an amazing woman.  It's an amazing book.  It's the kind of book that I'll probably be giving out as a Christmas present to my mom and sister in laws. 


What are you reading (or wish you had time to read) this morning?  Link up below! 



Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. Haha! I guess messy hair and B.O. aren't conducive to a romantic night out but that's a great surprise.

    I've had friends that worked in Pakistan for a year. It's tough but they seemed happy with the choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, despite the crappy low-flow toilets it sounds fun. I really want to read this one for my book club. It sounds like one that would be fun to discuss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so nice of hubby to do! I remember the author talking about that book and I can't wait to hear what you have to say about it. He seemed like such a wonderful person and so did his mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope everything works out for your family with your brother leaving for a year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's so sweet! I'm so glad you had such an awesome weekend to make up for the craptacular week you had. You'll have to let me borrow this one, or maybe like Jenny says, make it a book club pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds just like that brother of mine to do something so sweet for you ;)

    I'm going to have to look this book up because I want to hear what it is about!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am laughing so hard at all your exhausting toilet flushing!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva