Saturday, January 5, 2013

Bout of Books Readathon 1.7.13- 1.13.13

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon

You know I can't resist a readathon!  Plus, I haven't done one since last year.

Lame joke, I know, but it's still free to read my blog. ;)

Since it doesn't start until the 7th, there's still plenty of time to sign up at Bout of Books.

I'll be using the template to keep track of what I read and some of my goals: 

Time Devoted to Reading

I will be reading all week.

My Goals


  • read 4-5 books and 1 audio book.
  • comment every day
  • be awesome(er)
  • seriously, send off Witch World for Christopher Pike to sign!!

Books to Read


  • Finish Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
  • Finish The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
  • Finish The Cinderella Deal by Jennifer Cruisie (audio book)
  • Start Amber House by Kelly Moore (audio book)
  • The Trouble With Flirting by Claire LeZebnik *received from ARC tour*
  • Sever (The Chemical Garden #3) by Lauren DeStefano*received from ARC tour*
Alternates:

Try to start: 


Updates


Monday
Number of books I've read today: Finished 1, Continued 1, and Started 1
Total number of books I've read: 1
Books: Finished the audio book for The Cinderella Deal by Jennifer Crusie (the last 2 and 1/2 hrs), read from Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi (154 pgs) and started the audio book The Amber House (35 mins)
Challenges: Scientific Discovery by The Book Barbies (and now I have that Barbie Girl song by Aqua in my head!)
 You have made a scientific discovery (who knew you were so good at science?!) on how to bring fictional characters to life. The problem? The method still isn't *perfect,* so you can only bring two people to life, and they must return to the land of fiction in 30 days. Who will you choose as your bestie and your love interest for that one splendid month? (Feel free to add pictures if you like, but they are not required.)
My Answer: This is a hard one.  Would the characters have their bookish qualities?  Because if so, I'd choose Alice Cullen as my BFF so that she could turn me into a vampire that never needs to sleep and then I would READ ALL THE BOOKS.  All of them!

But, I'm going to go with these choices instead (even though it will lead to immediate regret and recrimination after I read everyone else's choices):

Bestie: Jane from Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs by Molly Harper.  She and I could hang out making witty observations about everyone and everything around us.  And I'd invite my real life besties to hang out too, because they all love Jane. And she would make us laugh and laugh.  I'd have to take her out the book after she gets fired but before she gets hit my the drunk driver, so that she'll want to drink a lot, but alcohol instead of blood.  She's just someone I'd want to know, and a month would be a good enough time, because eventually I'd grow to resent not be the funny one anymore.

Love Interest: I could go with Mr. Darcy, but if I only have a month, then I need someone who isn't going to take a year to court my ass.  And I can't pick Odd Thomas, because as much as I love him, I have no wish to do the horizontal hokey pokey with him.  And I can't pick too many of the hotties from YA because I'm 35 and I don't want to go to jail.  So because I've got Les Mis on the brain, I'll take Enjolras from  Les Misérables by Victor Hugo. I've had a thing for him since I saw the I musical in high school.  Marius is a hottie too, but he's so whiny about Cosette and if he can't appreciate a awesome woman like Eponine, then screw Marius! I can't remember Enjolras' description in the book, but he's always played by a hottie on the stage and screen, he doesn't have a girlfriend he already is obsessed with, and he's about to die in a bloody revolution so I'm sure I can get him to focus some of that passionate energy he's been putting into freeing the oppressed in France to my bedroom.  I speak enough french to get the message through: Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir?

I also really enjoyed the Bout of Books twitter chat!  So much fun, blogger pals!

Tuesday

Number of books I've read today: 1- Under the Never Sky
Total number of books I've read: Completed 2 books
Books: Under the Never Sky and The Cinderella Deal, started Amber House

Wednesday

Number of books I've read today: Nothing finished, but read a bit of Scorpio Races and listened to over 2 hours of Amber House- loving both of them!
Total number of books I've read: Still just the two.
Books: see previous entries.

Thursday

Number of books I've read today:  2, read The Scorpio Races and At Home in Mitford (which I'm reading to one of my clients)


Friday

Number of books I've read today: 2, finished The Scorpio Races, started The Trouble with Flirting
Total number of books I've read: Finished 3 books, started 3
Books: see top list.

Saturday

Number of books I've read today:
Total number of books I've read:
Books:

Sunday

Number of books I've read today:
Total number of books I've read:
Books:
Pin It!

16 comments:

  1. You are already awesome! But good luck and can't wait to hear about your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals - Good luck and have fun! (Looks like you already have a head start ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to seeing your progress. I wish I could join.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I joined in this one as well...I can't wait to get started!!

    Bree
    Coffee Bean Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, I may have to join... Good luck! You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dammit! I should totally join this. I feel like joining readathons jinxes me, though... maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BIg goals! I hope you reach them all. : ) Yay for Everneath and Shadowlands and Paper Valentine and... okay, all of them. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bahahaha, good grief, I feel like I might have to go have a cold shower just READING about your fictional-lover choice. After I've finished giggling at the earthy innuendo, obviously. Also, good point re: Austen men - they'd either have to be entirely corruptible or I really have to choose someone else. I'm not going for Wickham just for 'ease of bedding', y'know? I HAVE STANDARDS. Also, that picture is WELL hot. ;)

    I kind of set up this challenge on today's BoB post, but then completely stalled when it came to deciding on my answers. Next time the shop gets too busy to read, I'll take a little detour through my LT library I think, see if I can't get me some hot literary lovin' as spicy as yours! *fans self*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard, Ellie! Because just in the time I was writing it a dozen other literary hotties were parading through my head. I look forward to drooling over your choices!

      Delete
  9. Those are big goals, but you can do it! I love that challenge-I may have to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved Jane in Nice Girls Don't Have fangs! She was just awesome ;)

    My bookish BFF and BF are here if you'd like a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your book choices.

    Also Jane is a most excellent choice, and I totally agree that Darcy would take way too long to court you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read The Cinderella Deal over the summer and enjoyed it. It is a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you'll finish your goals, your first day was great :) And yeah, teh char was fun :)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva