Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sundays In Bed With... Things I Can't Forget

 
 Welcome to my Sundays In Bed With... Meme! The meme that dares to ask, what book has been in your bed this morning?  Come share what book you've spent time curled up reading in bed, or which book you wish you had time to read today!
This morning I'm reading:

Things I Can't Forget by Miranda Kenneally- although Alabama is more interested in staring down the dog, or getting her head rubbed. 

I don't know how much reading I'll get done today since the Hubs and I are taking down All The Christmas.  Very sad, but he's put up with the orange fairy lights that are still up in our bedroom from Halloween (which look awesome with our blue walls and orange bed throw), so I can take down the tree.

To get us going this morning, I made this:

Source:Pixbng.com
Okay, this is not my picture, but I am hoping that when I wake up this morning it will be to something that looks and tastes as good as this picture does.

See?  I don't always just pin and pin and pin on Pinterest, sometimes I actually make some of that shiz.  

Okay, maybe 1 thing for every 200 pins, but this has got to count big time. 

This recipe does not identify what kind of oatmeal you should use, but every other online oatmeal in a crockpot recipe called for Steel Cut Oats, otherwise you get a crappy, mushy mess.  

Hmm... does that look like they poured milk on it?  It doesn't say anything about milk...

So, that's my Sunday, not a whole lot of time to linger in bed and read, but I may feign an illness to get out of dismantling Christmas and stay in bed reading.

Honey, if you're reading this on your phone, I kid. 

 What are you reading (or wish you had time to read) this morning? How are the books of 2013 treating you so far?  Link up below!
  
 
Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. I'm also sad that we have to collect all the Christmas decorations, but here in Spain it's still Christmas. Last night three wise men have come Spain and have left presents in all the houses :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today is my first Sundays In Bed With post :) and I'm already liking your cat! Adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, it is sort of sad to see all those christmas trees sitting out at the curb.
    I wish I ate more oatmeal, but the texture of it just grosses me out. When I was in London, I loved porridge, so I need to find me some of that.
    Enjoy the book! Curious to read reviews of that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1- That oatmeal looks delicious! 2- I can't wait to hear what you think of Things I Can't Forget.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The picture looks yummy! I've been trying some recipes in my new crock pot so I might have to steal this one and try it out on my next day off!
    I think my Christmas decor will be coming down on Tuesday...maybe Wednesday...or possibly Thursday...of next week...

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. I got back on Pintrest and created a board for all of my Silver Chair books and one board just for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Alabama's so big now! Crazy how fast they grow. Good luck cleaning up Christmas. Its not so fun taking it all down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow. Now I'm starving. I'm so with you on the Christmas stuff. It sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, so my sundays in bed turned out into a whole lot more than books. It's also titled 'Sundays in bed with Paolo Giordano and my ex' XD
    First link was a fail, sorry!

    Oh, and on the oats: You can use flattened or cut, just cook a whoooole lot shorter (like, 2-3 minutes).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read any Miranda Kenneally yet, but I do have Catching Jordan on my TBR list! And that oatmeal looks fantastic! I hope it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oatmeal is perfect for eating in the cooler weather. I haven't made it in the crockpot before so must try it out when the weather turns cooler again.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva