Friday, October 16, 2009

Friday First with Heart-Shaped Box



Here's the rules of the meme (copied word for word from wellreadreveiw):

  • Grab the book you are currently reading and open to the first page.
  • Write down the first sentence in the first paragraph.
  • Create a blog post with this information. (Make sure to include the title & author of the book you are using. Even an ISBN helps!)
  • Did this first sentence help draw you into the story? Why or why not?

    It took me awhile to figure out what book I wanted to read next because of my desire to hoard books for the readathon.  However, I've decided to start Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill.  I am loving October and the excuse to read scary novels!  
     
    First sentence: Jude had a private collection. 
    My impression of the first sentence is favorable.  First of all, I love the name Jude.  It's an intriguing first sentence, because now I want to know what Jude collects. It's simple and clean, as a first sentence should be.  I also have Joe Hill's short story collection, 20th Century Ghosts, but I am saving that for the Readathon.
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, a private collection of what?

    Hope you enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jude is a collector of the macabre. He ends up purchasing a ghost online.

    Joe Hill is the son of Stephen King, and while that is a bonus, I was already interested in his writing before I found that out. He's also on twitter as joe_hill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same thoughts, Kate! I've read the book and enjoyed it even though it did spooked me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this a few years back. I did enjoy it but had a hard time not comparing it to his dad. Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva