Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Way Back Wednesdays



Welcome back to the second edition of my weekly blog, Way Back Wednesdays.  Here's what ya do:

1. Grab a book of your shelf that you have not reviewed on your site (unless you've been blogging a super long time). Selection can either be random, or an oldie but goodie that you're dying to share with people. List title and author.

2. Give a 7 word description of the book.

3. If you can, post a picture of the book.

4. Open the book at random and type the 3rd full sentence found on the right hand page (or the left, if you're left handed- Midnight Book Girl does not discriminate- do both pages if you're ambidextrous).

5. Answer these questions:
    1. Did you like the book?
    2. How well do you remember it?
    3. Would you recommend it?
    4. Would you re-read it?

6. Post a link to your post in my comments box, or just answer there if you're not going to post the picture of the book cover.

Here's my Way Back Wednesday book:

1. The Good Fairies of New York by Martin Millar

2. Scottish faeries fight, love,drink in NYC.

 
3.

4. Dinnie protested to the disgusted Heather that it was all a mistake and he still really loved Kerry, but the fairy, after a few cutting insults concerning his sexual performance and what an unimpressive sight he made in the shower, had simply packed her things and left. Pg 200

 5:   1. Did you like the book?  Very much so.  I love Millar's style of writing.
       2. How well do you remember it? Not as well as I should because there are lots of characters, but I remember the basic plot and the humor of the story.
       3. Would you recommend it? I would, although Millar's style and subject is not for everyone.  We read       Millar's Lux the Poet for our book club, and my friend Bittner hated it.  He's a strange, quirky writer.  Which is why I love him.
      4. Would you re-read it?  Absolutely.  My favorite book by him is Lonely Werewolf Girl, but The Good Fairies of New York was a funny, bizzare and interesting read.

6. Ha! Step six doesn't apply to me since this is my blog.  But I can't wait to read your posts!
    




Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed this book when I read some time ago. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you read Lonely Werewolf Girl by him? That's my fav book of his. I picked it up the same day I bought Sharp Teeth by Toby Barlow, so I had quite a dose of werewolves that week.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva