Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Way Back Wednesdays!



I've been wanting to do a weekly themed post, so I thought I do a little meme on a book I've read in the past, long before blogging about books became part of my everyday life.  So, here's what you do:

1. Grab a book of your shelf that you have not reviewed on your site (unless you've been blogging a super long time). Selection can either be random, or an oldie but goodie that you're dying to share with people. List title and author.

2. Give a 7 word description of the book.

3. If you can, post a picture of the book.

4. Open the book at random and type the 3rd full sentence found on the right hand page (or the left, if you're left handed- Midnight Book Girl does not discriminate- do both pages if you're ambidextrous).

5. Answer these questions:
    1. Did you like the book?
    2. How well do you remember it?
    3. Would you recommend it?
    4. Would you re-read it?

6. Post a link to your post in my comments box, or just answer there if you're not going to post the picture of the book cover.

Here's my Way Back Wednesday book:

1. Witchcraze: A New History of the European Witch Hunts by Anne Llewellyn Barstow.
2. Ways in which witches were woefully wronged.






4.  "Likewise the Kent assize reported that Goodwife Swane "vehemently suspected by church authorities [as a witch]," boasted "that she can make a drink, which she saith if she give it to any young man that she liketh well of, he shall be in love with her.""
5. I really liked this book- picked it up my sophomore year in college at a book sale and witches have always intrigued me since I read Witches' Children by Patricia Clapp.  I remember reading this book, although I have few memories of it. I would recommend this book to those interested in the history of persecution of women, or interested in anything to do with witches, although the book reads a bit like a text book. I might re-read this book in the future, I lugged it around 4 states, so it's made the shelf cut numerous times.
6. Does not apply to me since this is my blog.  
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Great idea! I like the questions you have for this one. I won't be participating though, b/c I don't keep many of the books I've read. :) But I'm going to enjoy checking out others posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, I don't know why I just assume that everyone else has my book hoarding disease...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hoard all my books, read or yet-to-be-read...

    I like this meme.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva