Thursday, April 15, 2010

Booking Through Thursdays- The Start or the End?

Booking Through Thursday

Today's question: In general, do you prefer the beginnings of stories? Or the ends?

I almost always prefer beginnings.  There is a certain magic to a really well written opening chapter.  It's like buying a fresh new notebook, it's full of unknown promise.  Book endings either leave me sad that the journey has ended or disappointed with how it wraps up.  I think the reason I love reading series so much is because the end is further away.  I tend to get very attached to my books, which is why I buy and keep so many of them, and I re-read a lot.  I don't like saying goodbye, I like saying hello and hello again.

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. I have to say beginnings too there is nothing like opening a book and having that first line or paragraph draw you in

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes go to Barnes and Noble and pull a bunch of books off the shelf that catch my eye and then sit down and read the first part of each book. There are just some books that I know right away are coming home with me, I just get that feeling of the start of adventure. I love that feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a beginnings person too. I'm much more interested in how a story unfolds than how it wraps up at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at your new layout...pretty.
    For me reading a book is like having sex. I require both ends and everything in the middle .Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like being grabbed right from the start and continuing on to a fantastic conclusion.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva