Saturday, April 10, 2010

Mini-Challenge #1: Dewey's 24hr Readathon

For the first hour mini challenge I need to answer these questions:

Where are you reading from today?  Richmond, Virginia

3 facts about me … I'm contrary, I like horror movies even though they scare the crap out of me, and I love all of you because you love books too!

How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours? 11 physical books, 4/5 on the Kindle and an audio book to get me through the few chores I might be forced to do.
Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)? I want to stay up the entire time and get at least 5-6 books read.  I think that won't be a problem... I think.


If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, Any advice for people doing this for the first time? I participated last October and I really had no clue what I was doing, so my advice is to visit other people's blogs and see how they set it up.  And don't be afraid to ask questions on twitter, trust me we want you to join in the fun so there will be a rush of answers.  I am better prepared for this readathon because I took the time to really understand what it was all about, and because I've been dreaming of it since the last one.



Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. Doing great!!! Keep up the reading girl :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the readathon! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great answers! I'm not awake enough yet to start reading, but I'll get there! Where did you find that great Readathon button?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck!!! Have fun! Found ur blog, and now I'm following you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going great! I love horror movies, too, even though they scare the crap out of me - lol.

    Great answers :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, guys!! I got the Readathon button on the main readathon site, just go to Readathon FAQ's and they're at the bottom. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva