Sunday, April 11, 2010

End of Readathon Meme

1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Between 1am and 2am, I was really dragging, but it was hard to admit that I needed some sleep.

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? I really liked started with graphic novels, it made me feel good about my progress- so Twilight the Graphic Novel and anything by Ellen Hopkins.  And Before I Wake- haven't read it yet, but half of readathoners seemed to be devouring it.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Hmmm, maybe a single post that announces the winner's of competitions that gets updated hourly?  It was so hard to search through the posts to see who won what.  But that could just be my own freaky hang up.

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? Everything on twitter, and I really thought the challenges were a blast.  I also liked that certain blogs were picked for us to visit.  And even though I know we were low on cheerleaders this year, I thought they did a brilliant job.  

5. How many books did you read? 5 and making my way thru book 6.

6. What were the names of the books you read? American Vampire (graphic novel) by Stephen King et al, Twilight the Graphic Novel by Stephenie Meyer and Young Kim, Lenore: Noogies by Roman Dirge, Tales of Terror #1 and Tales of Terror #2 by Christopher Pike and Impulse by Ellen Hopkins

7. Which book did you enjoy most? The Christopher Pike Novels

8. Which did you enjoy least? Weirdly enough, the American Vampire graphic novel, it had some confusing bits in it

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? N/a

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I will 100% do this next time.  Only I'm taking off the day prior and the day after readathon so I can be well rested.  I think next year I'll sign up for a couple hours of cheer- especially the later hours.  I did a lot of unofficial cheering, and discovered there are a lot of people that really need that extra push, especially the newbies.  And I'd really like to donate a prize to go along with the next readathon mini-challenge, whether I get picked to do one again or not.  I had a blast hosting my drabble challenge, and winning a book just for being commenter!  Nothing is better than readathon... except maybe getting your hands on a time-turner so you can catch up on your tbr pile....


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I totally forgot about Ellen Hopkins. There are a few of her books that I haven't read yet that I will definitely get for the next read-a-thon.

    Congrats on your reading accomplishments. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe next time I should set up a Twitter account! It sounds like you did great and got some good reading done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you did great, Kate! I still don't have the courage to participate in a read-a-thon. I enjoyed reading all your posts, though. :D

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva