Thursday, April 1, 2010

Mr. Darcy, Vampyre (the sexier way to spell vampire)

Recently I read Mr. Darcy, Vampyre by Amanda Grange.  I don't think I'll be spoiling anything for you since the title kind of gives it away, but in this sequel to Pride and Prejudice my beloved Darcy (yes, he is mine) is a vampyre.  Of course he's Cullen type vamp- the kinder, gentler version of Nosferatu.  The book opens up with the wedding day of Elizabeth and Darcy, and Jane and Bingley (I love double weddings!) and instead of taking Lizzie on their planned honeymoon, Darcy instead takes her on a surprise trip to other parts of Europe, starting with a boat ride to France and ending up in the Italian countryside.  Sadly there isn't lots of honeymoon sex, which is even more upsetting to Lizzie and goes unexplained by Darcy, who continues to hide his true nature.  Our smart Lizzie is a bit slow to catch the clue train in this story, but you can't fault her too much, Darcy can go outdoors in the sunlight without sparkling which is the number one way to spot a vampire on cloud free days. While she doesn't seem bothered by all the many things that Darcy appears to have accomplished in his lifetime, the woman is very concerned why her new hubby's not visiting her bed chambers.  What will Lizzie do when she finds out her beloved Darcy is a vampyre?  Well, if this was Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, she'd probably stake him thru the heart.  Lucky for us, this is a much different story.  I really enjoyed the writing style, aside from the hearts and flowers type ending of this book.

Mr. Darcy, Vampyre gets a Midnight Book Rating of 11pm, it wasn't without flaws, but it kept me turning the pages.  Because if there's one thing I love more than zombies, more even than Darcy, than it's vampires. 

Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. I love vampires too (not very sure about meeting the real ones, though) and I know what you mean, Kate!

    This is in my TBR and thank you for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just popping by to say hi and subscribe to your blog :) My partner just started a movie blog, too - it's in my links on my book blog under Popcorn Popper Movie Watcher. I'll send her your way, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you'll like it, Alice, it was a really smooth read.

    Thanks, Kirsten! I love to see new followers. :) And I also checked out the movie blog and joined it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've seen this book around the blogs but yours is the first review i've read. i'm intrigued and am adding it to my list! the cover is great and the premise sounds campy and fun. i'm not an austen purist and don't mind the characters having other adventures. thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Folks
    I'm thinking of replacing my worn out[url=http://www.milesgershon.com][b] Entertainment Center[/b][/url] with a new one from MilesGershon.com -Has anyone bought [url=http://www.milesgershon.com][b] Entertainment Centers[/b][/url]from these guys? I'm kind of concerned about delivery timetables

    Thanks

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Folks
    I'm thinking of replacing my worn out[url=http://www.milesgershon.com][b] Entertainment Center[/b][/url] with a new one from MilesGershon.com -Has anyone bought [url=http://www.milesgershon.com][b] Entertainment Centers[/b][/url]from these guys? I'm kind of concerned about delivery timetables

    Cheers

    Francine

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva