Monday, April 12, 2010

Midnight Monday Musings

So Dewey's Read-a-thon is over and I'm still recovering.  Not physical so much as mentally.  I had so much fun twittering with everyone and visiting new blogs and picking up new readers (Hello, all you beautiful followers, new and old!), that I'm feeling the symptoms of withdrawal.  Maybe I need to get out more?

My reading plans for this week are to finish Impulse by Ellen Hopkins (which I'll do today), finish Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides for my Book Club, and start The Girl Who Chased the Moon.  It's so weird to not be saving books for readathon, but rather to actually start putting them back on the shelf.  So sad.  October can not come soon enough.

Last night I trolled around the sites and found book bloggers comments about Dewey.  I never had the pleasure of meeting Dewey or knowing her, but without her I would never have become a book blogger.  I'd stumbled across the readathon several years ago but couldn't participate, but still the idea burned in my brain.  One day while cleaning up my bookmarks, I found the Readathon page, and that's what prompted me to start my book blog.  I'm so grateful that Dewey joined the book blogging community, and that she worked so hard to make it what it is today, and that so many of the people she touched continue on in her name.  It's simply amazing, she was amazing.  You are all amazing, and I'm lucky to be a part of this community.

On a lighter note, this Midnight girl is facing yet another birthday this coming May.  So I'm going to host a giveaway!  I'm still working out the details, but I promise it'll be good.  It'll also be my very first one, along with my very first author interview, all to celebrate turning (yuck) 33 on the 22nd of May.  I believe in celebrating the entire month of May, just like I celebrate Halloween all of October, it's just more fun that way.  Why limit myself to one measly day? Honestly, it takes 9 months to prepare for our births, I think our birthdays deserve at least 4 weeks of celebration!

 During readathon I picked up a bunch of new blogs to follow, so my new goal is to visit at least 5 a day, if not more, and to blog more often.  I need the experience since my reviews aren't what they could be.  I really feel the need to find my own style and voice, which will only come with lots of blogging.  And I also follow anyone who follows me, although with my numbers that's pretty easy to do, but I need to strive to comment more.  I know how much seeing comments on my posts means to me. 
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Ah, a fellow Gemini - makes sense :) My birthday falls on Memorial day this year - yayyyy, long weekend birthday celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure I'll have plenty of opportunities to say it, but happy birthday a few weeks early! And 33 is not a bad age! I just turned 31 and so far I've been loving my 30s! Much better than my 20s! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday even thought its a tad early.

    So Ms bookmailer (LOL) this was your first read a thon? Congrats. I have to say I am very happy that you bookmailed me into doing this read a thon for a two reasons i got to discover your blog and I got a few books out to the way.

    BTW I think some time soon there is a 48 hour read a thon, perhaps I will bookmail you into doing that one. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the birthday wishes! I thought they were really premature but then I remembered that we're almost half way thru April! EEK!

    And Cindy, just so you know, I cave pretty easily to bookmail. You won't even have to try too hard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is amazing how many great book bloggers there are, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva