Friday, April 9, 2010

Readathon: Rise of the Book Piles

Okay, so I finally feel ready to share my book pile because 2 or the 3 books I was hoping to arrive in the mail came today.  So here's a pic of the non-Kindle pile:

Please excuse the picture of me, my husband an Chris Martin from Coldplay and my ever present tube of chapstick, it's called an addiction, okay? 

The books from top to bottom:

  1. Tales of Terror #1 by Christopher Pike 
  2. Scavenger Hunt by Christopher Pike
  3. Tales of Terror #2 by Christopher Pike
  4. Twilight the Graphic Novel Vol. 1 by Stephenie Meyer, art and adaptation by Young Kim
  5. The Idiot Girl and the Flaming Tantrum of Death by Laurie Notaro 
  6. Impulse by Ellen Hopkins
  7. Thirst No.2 (The Last Vampire Series) by Christopher Pike
  8. Fire by Kristin Cashore
  9. Bran Hambric: The Fairfield Curse by Kaleb Nation (awesome blogger, btw)
  10. The Mammoth Book of Best Horror Comics by lots and lots of peeps
  11. Lenore: Noogies by Roman Dirge
Impulse looks big, I know, but it's written in verse and I've always found Ellen Hopkin books quick reads.  I'm not sure if I'll even crack open Fire this weekend but I am going to try to at least start Bran Hambric. I'm starting with Lenore: Noogies because it's funny, morbid, and quick, which is how I like my graphic novels.

Okay, now for my Kindle list:

The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen




I Am Not A Serial Killer by Dan Wells








Wake by Lisa McMann





The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin -same cover of the book I had when I was a kid that was lost to fire :(




Truck Stop: A Psycho Thriller by Jack Kilborn & J.A. Konrath










and a few dozen more books that I've got in my Kindle... I had no idea I'd been downloading so much!  No wonder we're poor... but at least we're rich in literature and when zombies finally rise up you want lots of guns, supplies and books.

Okay, and now for the most important part of the Readathon: Snacks

I'm going to be making 2 kinds of Smoothies, one healthy, one not so healthy:

Strawberry and Orange Smoothie
1 1/2 cups orange juice
1 cup plain yogurt
1 1/2 cup strawberry yogurt
2 cups frozen strawberries
1 large frozen banana

Raspberry Chocolate Smoothie
2 cups frozen raspberries
3/4 cup low-fat milk (2%)
6 ounces non-fat vanilla yogurt
3 tablespoons chocolate syrup

In both recipes combine the ingredients and blend until it's the consistency you like.  If you want to use fresh fruit then you'll want to add some ice.

Other snacks:
Home made no-bake chex mix
Grasshoppers ( you know, the chocolate mint cookies, yummmmmmmmmm)
Cheese and crackers
Snickerdoodles
Shrimp (which I had steamed and seasoned with Old Bay)
Tombstone pizza (for dinner since I have to feed the Hubs at some point)
V-8 Fruit Juice (the Acai Berry one)
Coke (the liquidy brown goodness, not the put me behind bars kind)
and lots and lots of water!!!


Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Your book list reads like my partner's movie list; she's got mostly horror lined up :) I *love* The Westing Game; just re-read it last year! Great choices; can't wait until the morning! *happy dance, happy dance*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read most of those so I'm looking forward to hearing how they are. :)

    Thanks for the smoothie recipes! I just got local strawberries today! So I'll def be making the Strawberry and Orange one! Wooo!

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wake is an excellent readathon book. I read it in about 2 hours once I picked it up back in December. And I remember Scavenger Hunt from when I was a kid! :D

    Good luck tomorrow! I only have four books on my pile but I hope I get them all read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kate this is the person you bookmailed into the read a thon LOL

    Great books. My post will go live early tomorrow morning.

    Good luck and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes, your list would scare me silly. I'd hide under the covers for 24 hours!
    good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wake is a great choice for reathoning--fast as all get out!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva