Friday, September 28, 2012

Bloggiesta: It's On Like Donkey Kong!



Ole!  It has begun!  Here's what I'm hoping to get to (and have already failed somewhat because I spent most of the day in my car driving to and from places, and other drivers frown upon me blogging on my laptop whilst driving, apparently it's "reckless driving" and there's a fine for it):

~Write 10 reviews (5 of these can be mini-reviews)
~Leave 20 comments per day on other blogs. (Completed for Friday, go me!)
~Make sure that I am replying to and visiting the blogs of all the commentors on my blog.
~Spend time on Twitter daily interacting with other bloggers.
~Create a spreadsheet for all books read in 2012 and links to any reviews written. Done!  I made a spreadsheet!!!  I am so proud!
~Work on new and old features: Up Late With Kate and Sundays In Bed With.. Made the pic for Up Late With Kate on Friday!
~Prepare 2 non book review posts, something to spark conversation!
~Really consider switching back to a 2 column blog. Done!  Thanks, to the awesomeness that is Lori at Imagination Designs (honestly, need a new blog design?  She's the best!).
~Update Blog pages and all Challenges.
~Post 3 reviews on Amazon.
~Participate in mini-challenges. 

This will be my main post that I'll just update daily.

Friday:
~Lori switched me to a 2 column earlier this week, and I'm loving it!  I think my blog just looks cleaner and less cluttered- I was going crazy with the widgets simply because I had the room.  What do you think?
~I love the new spreadsheet too, because then it'll be a lot easier to update my blog 2012 Reads, because all the links will be in one easy location.
~I did make a picture for my Up Late With Kate meme (to be used in the future).  Here's what it looks like:
The designer who came made my blog kit no longer is active, but she had this picture as a freebie on her old blog.  So I tweeked it a bit.  Okay, I added text.  And cropped!

Now I'm going to do a little commenting and tweeting! 

Saturday:
I work today, but I woke up early to reply to blog comments.

I participated in Jen Ryland's Step Out of Your Comfort Zone Bloggiesta challenge- my answer?  I'm going to make my own lip gloss (I got the idea off Pinterest, natch) for Bloggers Dressed In Blood (event starts off Monday, check back!)!  I am both excited and scared to death.  As I pointed out, I'm very creative, but I'm not crafty, so wish me luck!  Have you done her challenge yet?  You should! ;)

I also discovered the awesomeness of Pocket, thanks to The Book Vixen's challenge (honestly, she has one of the best blogger names out there!).   Pocket is a great way to mark links you want to read later, and there's a mobile app too, which is going to be awesome when I'm going through my google reader on my phone.

I also graded my blog (I got an 82, which is okay!) with the help of Smash Attack Reads challenge.  I also found out that I need to bribe ya'll to retweet my links and share them on Facebook, so, um, re-post my links! ;)

And thanks to Jenni Elyse's challenge, I finally figured out the Gravatar thing! 

Okay, it's late, I still have much to do in the morning, so I'll have to try to get a bunch done when I wake up!  Good night, bloggiestas!


Pin It!

21 comments:

  1. Reckless driving? I think if you can blog and drive at the same time you should be praised bit fined! ;)

    I didn't get anything done today either. Tomorrow I hope to get a little done.

    I like the two column a lot, btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenny! Some blogs still look big with 3 columns, but I was ready to simplify.

      Delete
  2. Yeah, other drivers do tend to frown on blogging while driving...silly drivers!

    All I've accomplished today is adding to my to-do list! Keep getting ideas from other participants instead of working on my blog. Oh well, tomorrow is another day...

    Have a fun and productive Bloggiesta!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having to create another list to eventually get to! Of course some people have some goals that I'd only be able to obtain if I got a brain transplant, I'm so impressed with our blogging community!

      Delete
  3. I've never been here before, so I don't know what it looked like. It looks awesome now, though. And I'm impressed with the spreadsheet....

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My posts are just a bit bigger, so the emphasis in on my content instead of my sidebars because I thought it would inspire me to work harder on my posts!

      Delete
  4. Coraline! It is Coraline based, is it not? I love the look of your blog, it's so awesome! Okay enough geeking over that. Be careful while you're driving! Unless you have a goal to blog while undead please consider at least pulling over or something. Sorry if I'm being a nag, I just naturally care about people. Your picture turned out great and I think your goals seem attainable and practical. I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is evocative of Coraline, so that might be where the designer got her inspiration, but I'm not sure. And as for the driving, I honestly don't ever text and drive, let alone blog and drive, and I'm careful not to talk on the phone too much while I'm driving... mostly because if I'm driving by myself, I get to listen to audio books. ;)

      Delete
  5. Great list!! I love your Up Late with Kate graphic!! I'm with you on some of these,...need to be more social on Twitter and I need to think of few more discussion-type posts. Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to do the Twitter chat last night, but I was working on my blog and hanging out with two other bloggers, so I didn't chat much. I will do better!

      Delete
  6. I love that picture! I think it turned out great. And of course I am so proud of you for making a spreadsheet!!!! I will so be copying this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim! It really makes me proud to know you want to copy something of mine... for a change. ;)

      Delete
    2. My spreadsheet is finished... and it's a work of art I tell you! Before all I had was a list of books and now I have complete awesomeness, and more important, and easy way to get the links for past reviews. :) Thanks!

      Delete
  7. Wow I didnt think of blogging from my laptop while driving. Great tip. Must remember not to get caught even better tip :)Good list and you did so well to already knock a few of those things over wahoo! Love the little logo it is cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And watch out for the bumps in the road! You might accidentally post something before it's ready for publication! ;)

      Delete
  8. Great list you have there, it's given me some ideas. ALSO I'm in LOVE with her header design, it's freakin AWESOME! New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, you're going to comment on 20 blogs per day??? Good luck!

    The new blog look does look cleaner. I love it. Congrats on what you've accomplished so far! I'm going to check out that mini challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is awesome! I love your list! It's super ambitious! And look at everything you already got done! Love the layout just changed mine to two columns also! Much less cluttered! :)

    New follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh. My. Gosh. I LOVE your header! It's so cute! I especially love the cat you have all over. So, so cute.

    You've been able to accomplish quite a bit! Good for you! And, thanks for stopping by my mini-challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've gotten so much done. I'm so jealous. I haven't gotten that much done because I forgot this was a very busy weekend for me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY... your blog doesn't make my browser crash anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva