Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sundays In Bed With... Deadly Pies?

Welcome to my Sundays In Bed With... Meme where we share what book we're currently curled up in bed reading (or just the book we wish we had time to spend reading in bed!).

Yesterday I went to a author signing at Barnes and Noble.  Both Ellery Adams and Maggie Sefton were there, and Kim and I got to spend quite a bit of time talking to them!  Both writers are known for being cozy mystery authors, although Maggie Sefton's new book is a darker mystery called Deadly Politics- set in Washington, DC!  It's a political thriller, and trust me, I much prefer reading about fictional dirty politics then real life politics any day! Plus I grew up in Northern Virginia, so I love, love, love reading books or watching tv shows set in that area. 

Ellery has a new series out, and I picked up the first (and newest) one, Pies and Prejudice.  Which is awesome, because I like both pies and Pride and Prejudice, so I can't see this not being a great read. I also chatted with Ellery about her elaborate plans to teach her son's class about Egyptian mummies, and I might ask her to do a guest post about it, because it is truly amazing.

So here's what I'm in bed with today:

 Pies and Prejudice by Ellery Adams and Deadly Politics by Maggie Sefton!

On the left hand side is my Kindle cover- which they signed!!!!  I am so excited about that, and they both have crazy gorgeous signatures... which is probably why I'll never be an author, but if I ever get over my distaste for math and sciences, my signature and hand writing would put me in good stead to be a doctor.  Also, Maggie gave me a bunch of post cards for Deadly Politics, so if you want me to send you one (they make wonderful bookmarks!), just leave your email in the comments below and I'll get your address later- and Steph and Bittner, I'll definitely send you yours- you too Cindy!

Now it's your turn, what are you reading today? Add your link below!


Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. That's so cool that you guys got to go to that signing! I've only been to 2 author events before, so I'm super excited about the Austin Teen Book Fest! Hopefully I'll come away with some swag as cool as what you got! Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the two column look! And thanks bunches for linking me, you rock! I have so many books that I want to read so bad right now and I definitely need to read one of Ellery Adams. Pies & Prejudice sounds so cute too! And I totally agree that politics are way better in books than in real life!

    I will come back for the Carrie questions... sometimes this week cause I'm reading Chain Letter and I've been kind of side tracked by my new favorite channel (NFL Red Zone) so I probably won't get to it today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOT WOOT! Pies and Prejudice---I had fun with that book. I want Deadly Politics but have made myself swear off buying books till I read my cozy shelf :)_

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may have to read the Dirty Politics because you know I love all things DC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeeeeeeeeeeess.... sorry I haven't been posting on Sundays... I haven't been reading and been feeling depressed about it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva