Monday, March 5, 2012

BBPOC is the place to be!

So this year when I made the resolution to be more active in the blogger/book world and I guess it's the one resolution that's sticking.  I'm going to BEA this year for the very first time (insert screams of delight) and now I just signed up for BBPOC.



BBPOC stands for Book Blogger and Publisher's Online Conference and it's from March 7th to the 11th. Registration for bloggers is $45.00.

It was an impulse buy, but I'm glad I did it! Some people buy clothes or shoes, and yes I buy those things too, but my real weakness is books and all book related items.

I love blogging, but I still don't feel that I'm connected with other bloggers (other than my friends, and in that category I include the people who I forced suggested to start their blogs).  I don't need a huge following or all the free books, but I love this community and I just want to be a little more active.

I'm excited about the BBPOC because it's a real chance to make sure that I'm doing this whole thing correctly and what I can do better.
Here are some people from the Publishing World that will be at the online conference:

From the Publishing Industry:

Sue Grimshaw- Random House Publishing Group
Jennifer Bonnell- Penguin YA Editor
Lindsey Rudnickas- Netgalley
Kristen Lamb- WANA Consulting
Don Dauria- Samhain Publishing
Kate Lied- Bloomsbury Publishing
Ariel Tachna- Dreamspinner Press
Daniell Poiesz- Book Country


From the Blogger World:

Rachel- Bitten By Books
Abagail- All Things Urban Fantasy
Jessica- Novel Reaction
Barb- Sugarbeat's Books
Terry Kate - Romance in the Back Seat
Rachel- Parjunkee

And more!

Did I mention I'm excited?  ;)

Are you attending this year, or have you in the past?  I'm really still clueless about the event but I know that I'm looking forward to it!
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kate I went to BEA in 2010 and had a blast its so much fun but I have to tell you its overwhelming. I can tell you more in a email if you like.


    As for the BBPOC I took part and it was alot of fun. I think it was the first one I took part in. I was going to do it but in the end changed my mind so that I could save my money for BEA it was alot of fun and I got so much out of it.

    I am sure you will enjoy them both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not attending this year because I had no clue what this was until I read your blog about it! But I can't wait to hear what your experience will be like and then maybe I can do it next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to hear what you learn! And you're gonna share... right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am going to BEA, but have never attended BBPOC. Hope you have fun, and please let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva