Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Paddy's Day!!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  

How are you going to celebrate?
Drinking green beer?
Guinness?  A splash of Bailey's in your morning cup of coffee?
Parades and bars and wearing o' the green?

I'm having my friend Kim, from On the Wings of Books, over to watch Irish movies and drink green shakes.  I'll probably have some Guinness tonight in honor of me da.  But here are the movies Kim and I are going to watch:

Leap Year
Once - best film ever, go watch it now, my post will wait.
Boondock Saints*
Circle of Friends (not originally part of the line up, but Courtney from Abducted by Books reminded me of it, and she's planning on watching all of the above except Boondock Saints)
Dancing on Dangerous Ground- based on the Irish myth of Diarmuid and Grania, a present to myself.
Lord of the Dance- a gift for my mom, although I love it too, despite Michael Flatley's arrogance.

My mom also gave me the Irish Princess necklace that I artistically and purposely draped over Flatley's weird chest.

*Boondock Saints stars the lovely Sean Patrick Flanery and the yummy Norman Reedus, of Walking Dead fame.  

Here's something else that I want to get for myself: 


And because I haven't properly introduced my gorgeous great nephew, Weston Emerson:
 (not ready for his close-up)
But it's his hair that makes him so delicious, so here's better pic:
See those highlights?!  He is so ready for his first boy band mall gig!

So go, have a great St. Paddy's Day!  Curl up with a Maeve Binchy book, or go drink til you puke green!
Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. Wishing you and Kim a great day. I will be at hockey this afternoon but i am sure a McDonalds green shake will be in my day along with a baileys' after the hockey :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We never did get to make the shakes... but we did have a good movie watching day! Hope the hockey went well and that you got some Baileys!

      Delete
  2. Looks like fun! I can't believe I haven't seen Once? I'll have to rectify that straight away.

    Holy crap! That cutie has a lot of hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must watch Once! It's so amazing and so different from any other movie I've ever seen.

      Delete
  3. Happy St. Patrick's Day Kate! I hope you and Kim have a great time tonight! I will be watching my three movies but I will also be taking a break in between each movie to read more of Unbroken so I can finish it by Friday for book club!

    I forgot to get beer earlier but I do have bailey's so I might make some coffee later and slip some in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time, you just need to be here with the Baileys! I didn't have green beer, but I had a couple of Guinness!

      Delete
  4. Happy St. Patrick's Day! I hope you have tons of fun watching those movies! I'm not doing anything really to celebrate, but maybe I'll have a beer and pretend it's green!

    Love Weston's hair! So pretty! Congrats on being a Great Aunt! (I'm sure you're already a great aunt, anyway!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually been a Great Aunt on Aaron's side of the family for a long time, but this is the first on my side. He is such a good baby, and he does have awesome hair. Hope you had a great St. Paddy's Day!

      Delete
  5. Happy St. Patrick's Day. Sorry I missed it. I spent the day with my nephew and when I got back to Fredericksburg, I completely crashed. Your nephew is a total cutie!!!!!! LOVE the hair! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as you had fun! We also watched Battle Royale, which is a Japanese movie based on a Japanese novel (which also later was turned into a manga) with a very Hunger Games like theme. But it's been out a lot longer.

      Delete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva