Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Midnight Bloggiesta!


The Bloggiesta is an event that I always mean to participate in, but never do.  However, 2012 is the year I take my blogging seriously and challenge myself to be excellent... It's all very Dead Poet's Society here.  You can't see it, but I'm standing on my laptop stand yelling, "O captain, my captain", and Robin Williams is walking out the door.  I always hate to see him go...

Sorry, I got off track again.  But that's part of the reason I'm doing this Bloggiesta.  I'm just a little too easily distracted.  I've done a fairly good job of keeping up with review writing, but it's no surprise that I've fallen slightly behind.  I also have some other goals that I need to catch up on this weekend.

So here's what I hope to accomplish:

1. Write reviews for
  • The Great Gatsby
  • Nightfall
  • Soulless
  • Ali and Ramazan
  • Anna and the French Kiss
  • The Hunger Games (re-read)
  • and any other books I finish before this weekend
2. Write a few extra bookish posts (old favorites and prepare my Sundays in Bed With... post BEFORE Sunday afternoon).

3. Catch up on some of the panels that I missed for BBPOC

4. Comment on at least 20 blogs per day.

5. Work on my blog's Facebook page (I'm hopeless at this, but I'm determined).

6. Mail off the signed copy of The Fault in Our Stars

7. Work on my Read-a-long idea and my Half-Read Readathon idea.

8. Work on my challenge idea for Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon

9. Post all my 2012 reviews to Goodreads and Amazon.

10. Update my Books Read journal.

11. Update my Reading Challenges and make a post for my own Read Me Baby, 1 More Time challenge.

12. Start building my Readathon Pile O'Books.

13. Somehow accomplish all of this even though I have book club Sat evening and I'm working overnight that same evening.

I'm really looking forward to meeting some new bloggers (hopefully some that are going to BEA too!) and growing my blogging community.  Sometimes I feel I just don't put enough effort into connecting with other bloggers, and that's something I'd really like to change.

Cheers and good luck!
Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. I feel like I need a glass of wine just reading that list. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, that's pretty much how I'm going to get through it!

      Delete
  2. Wow, you are quite ambitious to tackle all of that this weekend. Mine is poultry next to it. Good luck to a very productive weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... I think I may have wildly overestimated what I can accomplish this weekend... but that's have the fun, right? Right? Er...

      Delete
  3. Phew! That's a long list. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's interesting to see what everyone is planning to do on their blogs over the weekend - I'm getting tons of new ideas too :-)

    Tanya
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I am impressed! It looks like you have a lot planned for this weekend! I don't read enough to have a whole list of books left to review, I think I only have two. But I might spend this weekend commenting on a lot of blogs and trying to get some more followers. I would love to reach 150 before my two year anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I think that's like 3 times bigger than my list! But it'll be fun. :). I think you should come over early for book club and we can do some blogiestaing together! (I promise no talking! Ok, minimal talking lol.)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva