Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Murder is Binding

Murder is Binding
by Lorna Barrett
From Goodreads:
When she moved to Stoneham, city slicker Tricia Miles met nothing but friendly faces. And when she opened her mystery bookstore, she met friendly competition. But when she finds Doris Gleason dead in her own cookbook store, killed by a carving knife, the atmosphere seems more cutthroat than cordial. Someone wanted to get their hands on the rare cookbook that Doris had recently purchased-and the locals think that someone is Tricia. To clear her name, Tricia will have to take a page out of one of her own mysteries-and hunt down someone who isn't killing by the book.
 My Thoughts: First off, I want to live and work in Stoneham.  I love the concept of a whole street full of specialty book stores, it makes for an interesting setting, and let's face it, an ideal town for book lovers which are the majority of the reading audience.  In a weird way I actually liked the sister of the main character better than the mc.  Actually, the secondary characters were wonderfully quirky and interesting, but Tricia's okay too.  I also like that the secondary characters actually support Tricia going all Nancy Drew on the murder mystery, it's a nice touch, and better than the "No, leave it to the police!".  I know my friends would help lead me, rather than letting rational, logical thinking interfere.  I do want to continue with the series, but I'm not in a huge rush.  Just a great cozy for lovers of mysteries or cozies.

Murder is Binding gets a Midnight Book Rating of:


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked it. I've been thinking of reading this one for a while now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen these books and I always thought it would be fun to read them because of all the books! I'm glad you liked it! Maybe I'll give them a try, but like you said, I'm not in a huge rush.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva