Friday, March 30, 2012

Bloggiesta Day 1 and Winner!

So it's day 1 of the Bloggiesta and I'm already behind.  Tomorrow and especially Sunday are going to have to pick up today's slack, but here's what I plan on or have done so far today:

~Write reviews for

  • The Great Gatsby
  • Nightfall
~Start reading ARC of When You Were Mine

~Catch up on some of the panels that I missed for BBPOC

~ Comment on at least 20 blogs per day.

~Mail off the signed copy of The Fault in Our Stars

~Work on my Read-a-long idea and my Half-Read Readathon idea.

~Work on my challenge idea for Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon

~Update my Books Read journal.


I'm went ahead and submitted my challenge idea to Dewey's Readathon, and I have a draft of the challenge in the works.  I really can't wait.  And I already have at least 1 book for my pile (and an oldie that I ordered from paperback swap).


I also picked the winner for a signed copy of The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.  Mailing off a copy later today.  The winner is....






I'll be using this post for all things Bloggiesta today, including challenges and updates.
Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. How awesome that you will be hosting a mini challenge during the readathon! I will be participating in that too so I will probably drop by then too :) I hope that you will get lots done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love Readathon and I think this will be the 4th time I've hosted a challenge. I also devote sometime to cheerleading too.

      Delete
  2. I'm excited for the readathon! And I can't wait to hear what you thought of The Great Gatsby! What is the Half-Read Readathon? That sounds potentially useful. I was thinking of "Secondchance Saturday" or something, because I have too many half finished books. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just have several books on my TBR shelf that I've already started (like Witch and Wizard which I got almost all the way through before I abandoned it), so I thought about devoting a weekend or week to a Half-Read Readathon where we'll try to finish books that been meaning to get back to for some time. I love the Secondchance Saturday though, so if you go with that, I'll join in!

      Delete
    2. I'll let you know if I decide to do that, but the idea of devoting my saturdays to books I didn't love and put down is kind of depressing. Lol.

      Delete
  3. Windows Live Writer is fantastic. I'm still having a small issue with it but part of the problem is that I'm not using the "administrator" account so I can't get what I think I need installed on my stupid computer.

    If you want to come over a little early tomorrow I can show you how it works and the few tricks that I already know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I was going to bake a really cute cake for book club, but now I don't think that will happen. I really want to come to your house early, and I have to go hang out with my cousins soon, so maybe I'll skip the cake and bring something else to book club...

      I don't know if I'll get to Windows Live Writer though, I still have so much to do on my blog!!

      Delete
  4. Good Luck on bloggiesta. When is the readathon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's April 21st, and then of course they'll have on in October too. It's honestly the event that made me start a book blog. I love it!

      Delete
  5. Good luck with Bloggiesta! I wish I had gotten my act together so that I could have participated in this. But I'll definitely participate next time! And I'll be joining you guys in the readathon on the 21st! I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva