Saturday, March 31, 2012

Bloggiesta Day 2

I've got lots to do today that aren't related to my blog at all (sad face), but I do have a few things I plan on accomplishing today:

~Mini-Challenge: How to Build Readers for your Blog through Commenting
    So be on the lookout for my meaningful comments... I just need to learn not to use the words "I" and "me" so much on comments. There are so many blogs I read but don't comment on, which is ridiculous because as you can tell I am rarely at a loss for words.  Or sometimes I don't comment if I see the blogger has lots of comments already, I figure they just don't need me too, but that's stupid so I'm done with that.  Also, sometimes I get frustrated with blogs that have word verification.  I find that by not allowing anonymous comments that I don't get much spam, although that could be because Blogger filters it for me. I promise to comment more if you have me jump through less hoops to do so. ;)  I also feel the need to apologize for all the numerous comments that I would post on one blog back when I first started and didn't quite grasp the concept of  "comment awaiting moderation".  I'm sure some bloggers thought I was an idiot, which is fine because I really should have been paying more attention to what I was doing.

~Catch up on some reviews- I just don't understand why I have so much trouble saying what I want about a book, especially if I liked it.  It's so much easier to say why I don't like a book.  I might have to give that structured review idea a chance...

~Read tonight!  I have to take my little cousins out today, bake a cake, go to book club and work overnight tonight.  My client sleeps fairly well through the night, and only gets up a few times.  Sadly she doesn't have internet in her home, but I can always get some reading done.  I'm going to try to get through A Crafty Killing and make some more progress in When You Were Mine.
 There's still just so much to do!


So what are your plans for today? 



Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. Nice goals. Realistic, I think.

    Thank you for reminding me to check out the list of mini-challenges. I need to do most of these!

    Buona fortuna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admit that I haven't noticed the moderation message and left more than one comment on a few different occasions. Major "duh" moment for me! *blush*

    Am trying to comment more, but sometimes I don't really have much to say. I still want to let the blogger know that I stopped by, so leave a few words. Meaningful? Not that much, but at least they know I read and appreciated their post!

    Now I really need to go work on my goals! Good luck with yours! And have fun reading tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always easier to complain than praise in anything. When people are unhappy about something (and yeah I'm so talking about my job here) they tell 9-10 other people. When they are happy only 1-2 people.

    See you later :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to be better at commenting also. When I first started blogging I did not know what waiting for moderation was either! Hope you have fun for Bloggiesta!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You've got a lot going on. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't realize that I had word verification on my comments until you mentioned it a few weeks ago. I took it off!! I didn't know it was up there! I hate word verification!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a busy day and night ahead of you!!!

    Thank you so much for commenting on my blog!!!

    I love yours!!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just took out my comment word verification. So come back soon.LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally missed Bloggiesta this time, and I had a truckload to do. So glad that you are getting a lot of items off the todo list!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva