Friday, March 23, 2012

Feature and Follow #89


Thought I'd participate this week, as I'm excited that I'm actually going to get to meet some of my fellow bloggers at BEA in June!  So if you give me a follow, let me know, I'll follow you back.  And if you just want some comment love, I can do that too. :)

And if you want to participate, just head over to Parajunkee's View or Alison Can Read, give them a follow, and then follow this week's featured blogger at Short and Sweet.

The question this week is:

Q: What is the longest book you’ve read? What are your favorite 600+ page reads?

I'm not sure what the all time longest book I've ever read is, but since I've been keeping track on Goodreads,  the longest book is Under the Dome by Stephen King, followed closely by A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin.  I would definitely categorize both as favorite 600+ reads.

 I like long books, and I cannot lie, you other readers can't deny... sorry, I'm overtired this morning from being out until 3am watching Hunger Games.  

I've read almost every book ever written by King, so I'd have to include his books in my favorites, but Martin is quickly becoming a new favorite, now that I'm on chunkster #3 in his Song of Fire and Ice series.  I have a feeling I'll see a lot of Diana Gabaldon books on here, and I did read and enjoy her first book in the Outlander series (even if Dragonfly in Amber is lingering on my shelves).

 Other 600+ page books I've enjoyed in the past couple of years:

The Passage by Justin Cronin

The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins

Fallout by Ellen Hopkins (I'm not sure this counts 100% because it's written in verse so it's a much faster read... but it's still over 600 pages!) 

Here's some of the longest books I've read according to Goodreads:




Kate's bookshelf: read


Les Misérables
The Count of Monte Cristo
The Witching Hour
The Stand
It
Under the Dome
A Clash of Kings
Wolves of the Calla
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Nightmares And Dreamscapes
11/22/63
Wizard and Glass
A Game of Thrones
Chances
From the Corner of His Eye
Breaking Dawn
The Forbidden Game
The Passage
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Tommyknockers



Kate's favorite books »

}
Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. I forgot about The Passage - really enjoyed that one. And Stephen King made my list too..

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't get through the passage and I feel so behind in my reading!!! I've started listening to audiobooks in the car so that traffic on 95 doesn't bother me (usually I prefer to listen to music). I'm going to take Monday and Tuesday to just read. :) And write.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely forgot The Woman in White! I loved that book.

    New follower!

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/03/follow-friday_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Woman in White is on my to read list. Check out my FF here
    New follower. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Silly me, I remember reading Dark Tower and stopping halfway through the lat book. ;) Martin and King are rather wordy writers, aren't they? Not that I mind, they're both very good at it!

    I'm a new follower!

    Here's my FF. ♥
    Check my international giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I put off reading Under The Dome for ages because of its length but after reading it I don't know why I was so scared. It is a Stephen King book after all. Silly me, I thought I'd be bored.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of great long reads!!!

    I'm going to see THG tomorrow...it's torture knowing everyone else already has. ;)

    Amanda @ Letters Inside Out - My FF

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally just build my wishlist up using your cover photos! I loved every book you mentioned and figure I need to read the few that I hadn't yet!

    -Jac @ For Love and Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sad I missed the question this week, but you know my answer would have been Count of Monte Cristo (What was I thinking!!!)

    I loved Outlander, but now days, as my books get close to 400 pages I get a little overwhelmed and the further past 400 they go the more likely I am to just get the audio version!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you consider the fact that the version of The Lord of The Rings I read was the one that’s one book with the 3 parts inside (1202 pages in the brazilian version), that would be the longest book I’ve ever read. But if you consider series to favorite 600+ page reads, hands down, Harry Potter. Not so much for the story, but for the feeling it brings me every time I think about it.

    I'm a new follower, btw! I loooved your header!!!

    Maeva
    Murphy's Library

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva