Sunday, October 10, 2010

End of Readathon Meme

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
4am to 6am, when my unfortunate attempt to read with my eyes closed failed miserably.

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
I really enjoyed reading Green Angel by Alice Hoffman, it was short, simple and bittersweet.  And read graphic novels and kids books! 

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

You know what, I really missed the challenge where we had to make sentences out our books (using 3 or more).  I was bummed to not see that on the challenge list. 

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?

I was really happy with how many people twittered, it seems a lot more than last readathon, and we had some awesome cheerleaders!

5. How many books did you read?
8 plus 20 pages of a book that I gave up on

6. What were the names of the books you read?


Odd Is On Our Side by Dean Koontz, Green Angel by Alice Hoffman, The Beatles: The Illustrated Biography , Bunnicula Meets Edgar Allan Crow by James Howe, A Taste For Red by Lewis Harris, Kick-Ass by Mark Millar, The Talisman Vol 1 by Stephen King and Peter Straub, and The Exile by Diana Gabaldon.

7. Which book did you enjoy most?
I liked them all!  But I'd probably most recommend Green Angel by Alice Hoffman.
 
8. Which did you enjoy least?
The only book I gave up on: Cathy's Book (If Found Call (650)266-8233) by Stewart, Weisman and Brig.  I think it's something I'll finish, but I just didn't like it for readathon.

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
I really would urge you to visit every blog on your list at least once, but then to also leave random cheers on blogs not assigned to you if you visit them.  Pay attention to twitter, bloggers, especially the newbies, need comments to keep them alive.  It's kind of like the whole clapping you hands together to bring a fairy back to life.

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
Oh, it is on like Donkey Kong!


Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. "Oh, it is on like Donkey Kong!" I love it! And so true. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 8 books! Totally impressive. Thanks for stopping by my blog during the readathon! I can't wait for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 8 books... very impressive, you did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kate, thanks for stopping by my blog to cheer me on. I really appreciated it! This was a fun read-a-thon; looking forward to the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Kate, you did a great job! I read through all your blog postings but chose to only comment on this one because it was the most recent and I didn't know if you would go back and check all of them. My favorite one was when you tried to nominate The Princess Bride to be a banned book. That was awesome! But Congratulations on a successful Read-a-thon and call me later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just wanted to stop by your blog and say THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the cheering throughout the Read-a-thon! It made my first experience so much fun and was truly an encouragement throughout the long night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A big thanks to all of you too! This was my 3rd readathon, and by far my favorite one. I really enjoyed cheerleading and I'll definitely do it again in the future. I found lots of great blogs, that I'll revisit starting tomorrow (as Mondays and Tuesdays are just crazy for me!). I'm glad I kept track the sites I visited during my readathon updates!

    Bittner- sorry I missed your calls, and I didn't want to interrupt Chris Columbus day. I'll try giving you a call tonight if I don't end up doing an overnight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm one of the hosts of Read It Forward. I can't seem to find the book you're giving away. Can you send me the permalink?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi!This was a really outstanding Topics!
    I come from itlay, I was fortunate to seek your topic in wordpress
    Also I get a lot in your blog really thank your very much i will come again

    ReplyDelete
  10. I must ensure I take part next year. I have a feeling I already said this this year. Hmmm...

    Green Angel by Alice Hoffman sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva