Friday, October 22, 2010

Oct 22nd Blog Hop and Follow!

That's right, it's time for another blog hop!  Head over to Crazy For Books to sign up.

Today's blog hop question (from Becky at Becky's Barmy Book Blog ) is:

Where is your favorite place to read? Curled up on the sofa, in bed, in the garden?

I read anywhere, although not too often in the garden because I don't have one, but I'll certainly read a book in a garden if I find myself in one with a book on hand.  Especially now that I have my Kindle, it's nice to just be able to read it while standing in line.  But if I had to pick a favorite place to read I'd have to go with in bed, even though you're not supposed to read in bed because supposedly to get better sleep at night a bed should only be used for sleep and love making.  And I'm just going to say this; I like reading in the bathroom.  There.  I admitted it.  It's not my fault, though!  My dad used to read in the bathroom and that's how I got my hands on my first Stephen King novel when I was just a grade schooler. 


And today is also Follow Friday hosted by Parajunkee's View

Her question of the week is:

What are you currently reading? Basically what book is that?

It's a bit weird, but I'm only sort of reading a short story collection at the moment.  It's called Horror Stories by Jack Kilborn and JA Konrath. Between Dewey's Readathon and this past weekend's Halloween Readathon I've read quite a bit of books.  But the last few days I was finishing up CNA school, so I had finals and everything, and today I graduate!  I have no doubt though I'll be finishing the short story collection (which is pretty darn good) and moving on to other Halloweenish type reads soon.  And I have sooooooo many reviews to catch up on!  Eek! Talk about a scary story!


Pin It!

17 comments:

  1. When I was a kid and didn't want to go to sleep, I'd go into the bathroom with a book, lock the door and sit on the hamper and read. For a long time my parents thought there was something seriously wrong with me until they found out what was really going on!

    Here's my blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing wrong with reading
    in the bathroom. Whatever works for
    you . I hope you get to finish the short stories soon.. I just wanted to
    say I love the quote in the Header.
    My idea of paradise would have books
    in for me as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't read in the bathroom all that often, but that being said, I've finished some good books in the bathroom - especially late at night when I want to read after my hubby falls asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every now and then I do my own bathroom reading, so you're not alone!

    Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, just stopping by from FF and I love the design of your blog. Happy reading!
    bookbee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, stopping by from the Hop. I wanted to check out your blog b/c I liked your name and I saw you review Horror. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ps - New follower now...I liked your review of Odd Thomas so I think we have similar tastes. Congrats on your graduation too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found you from the hop!

    Following you now!

    My dad reads in the bathroom too but I never picked up the habit lol!

    I 've been debating about getting a Kindle...do you love it?


    Hop on by :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hippity-hopping by. I think people who say they never read in the bathroom are just being untruthful. If nothing else, they've probably read a magazine or the public restroom walls and I say that counts! :)

    Library Talker
    http://librarytalker.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Blog Hop Friday! I'm your newest follower. Have a great weekend!

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing wrong with reading in the bathroom! My dad does it a lot, and I've done it a couple of times as well :) Usually, though, I prefer to read while curled up on the couch.

    I'm a new follower from the hop :)

    Erika Breathes Books

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hopping along this fine night :0

    Happy Reading. Cute background!

    Mad Scientist

    http://madsteampunkery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to be able to read in the garden but I don't have one... I read in the toilet because it's so quiet there. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. HAHAHAHA!! I am infamous for reading in the bathtub, too - read my 'about me' section. I often refer to it as 'my office', and everyone who knows me well knows exactly what I am talking about!

    -Linds (http://bibliophilebrouhaha.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy HOP! I'm a little late this week but I wanted to say hi :) Don't feel bad about reading in the bathroom because *whispers behind hand* I've done it too. My husband laughs at me because what should only take a few moments sometimes takes forever and he's come looking for me only to find me sitting there, reading away to my hearts content. Happy reading!

    HOP on over and visit me at The Bookish Snob

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't believe I fell so far behind on your blog. I don't know how it happened. I officially suck as a friend.
    I like to read at work :)
    or in my car in line at the bank,
    I do read in the bathroom.
    but I probably get most my reading done on the couch.
    However I will have to say, that my above all favorite place to read is at La Baquette or Hastings.
    If I'm reading a book and I completely fall in love with the setting, and places, and characters, then I will reserve the last couple of chapters for a day I have off so that I can go get brunch at one of those two places and finish the book while eating quiche :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mmm, quiche. God, I miss Marie Calendars! I miss Oklahoma... *shiver* Well, I miss Oklahoma restuarants.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva