Friday, October 15, 2010

Oct 15th Blog Hop and Follow Friday

Somehow I've reached 100 followers!!  Woot!  It only took a year... but I did take the entire summer off from blogging and I've never been good at marketing myself.  But I knew I was getting close to 100 followers, and now I have arrived!  Of course, I don't blog to have followers, and I don't have lots of money or awesome publishers sending me free books to give away, or a really cool review style.  All I've got is a love for reading and a huge love for the blogging community.  That said, I love followers, because followers mean comments and comments make my heart swell (that's for you, Bittner).

So today is Crazy for Books Blog Hop

and Parajunkee's Follow Friday

As always if you hop and follow, I'll do you the favor of following you back.  But even if you don't want to follow, leave a comment and I'll still check your site out.  I'm still playing catch up from all the sites I visited on Readathon but I only have one more week of school and then I'll have more quality time with my laptop (I haven't even had time for Cake Wrecks! Oh, the tragedy!). 

Now Follow Friday asks a simple question:

What is your reading suggestion this week?

Well, in honor of the Halloween Readathon I'm going to have to go with something Halloween appropriate and suggest I Am Not A Serial Killer by Dan Wells.  I really liked this story, because like with Dexter, I have a fondness for nice guy serial killers.  And I'm hoping to read Mr. Monster, the sequel, soon. 

Blogs I Followed or Hopped to:

Between the Covers
Miss Page-Turner's City of Books
Seduced By Books
Fiction State Of Mind
Chrissie's Corner
Abducted By Books My friend Bittner's blog, she's still really new but her blog is awesome.  And she has like 2 followers, so throw the girl a bone (or a follow!).  :)
Desert Book Chick
Nice Girls Read Books
Ordinary Reader
Silver's Reviews
The Ladybug Reads


*more to come late tonight, but I'm working all day and evening!



Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. Hey am now a new follower:) If you like to visit/follow me: http://misspageturnerscityofbooks.blogspot.com/2010/10/follow-friday-2.html
    You've got a nice layout! Really like the colours:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. old follower - just saying hi, come see our answers
    www.seducedbybooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hopping by to say hi! i'm alredy a follower :) I loved Im not a serial killer! Mr. Monster went to such dark places, I loved it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm a new follower from the blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm an old follower <3

    But wow, yeah, I'm definitely going to have to take a look at that book. I love, love, LOVE (caps are needed) Dexter, and since you mentioned it, that automatically makes I Am Not a Serial killer made of win by association. ;P

    Also, congrats on 100 followers! I just recently hit 100 not so long ago, so I know how amazing that can feel. :)

    Kristina @ Frazzled Book Nommer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Emma...back for another visit.

    I would be willing to read your book...if I am correctly understanding your post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. a love of reading and a desire to talk about what you love reading IS all you need.

    that said, congrats on reaching 100! maybe i'll get there around my one year mark too. :)

    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just Hopping by! Have a great weekend. And congrats on your 100 followers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on reaching 100 followers. Looks like you had a very full week with the Readathon, too.

    Thanks for stopping by my crazy little blog and leaving a comment, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm dropping by from FF and I'm a new follower. Happy reading!

    Laura Ashlee
    Ramblingsof a (Future) Librarian

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on 100 Followers! Everytime I get even 1 new follower I get giddy:) I hope you get a chance to check out my blog www.crazy-bookworm.blogspot.com I kicked off my Countdown to Halloween. You can expect great spooky author spotlights and other fun halloween related festivities! You can join in on the fun too! If you have a scary story fact or fiction, you can submit it on my blog through the comments. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh! That book looks like a lot of fun! And I DO love me some Dexter.

    Check out my Blog Hop and Follow Friday HERE!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just found your blog via the hop and I wanted to contact you, but couldn’t see where, so I’m putting this here. I hope that’s okay. After reading your blog, I thought that you might like my new YA fantasy novel, 'Lethal Inheritance’. You’ll find ch 1 of it at http://publishersearch.wordpress.com/lethal-inheritance/
    If you like it, I’d appreciate it if you could mention it to your readers.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva