Monday, October 18, 2010

Halloween Readathon WrapUp

 Halloween Read-a-Thon



I'm surprised at how much I was able to get read this weekend for Halloween Readathon.  Between school and work, I still managed to get quite a bit of non-school related reading done.  Here's what I read:


Finished:    
Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Read:
Fear: 13 Stories of Suspense and Horror edited by R.L.Stine
Glee: The Beginning by Sophia Lowell
Hunger by Jackie Morse Kessler

My favorite was Delirium, but I also enjoyed Hunger, although I need to stop reading books with anorexic main characters because it makes me hungry.











Fear was a mixed bag, some stories I liked quite a lot, and others I felt didn't really belong in a novel titled Fear.  Still, a good selection for a readathon.  I like short story collections, and it was nice to read one by authors like R.L. Stine and Meg Cabot that I had never read before.  And it introduced me to some new authors, which is always a good thing.









Glee was okay.  The storyline did at time contradict what happens in the pilot, but I'm a sucker for books that give a little more than you get from a television show.  You got a little more background on characters like Mercedes and Tina, and a lot of Rachel, Finn and Quinn.  It sets up the Quinn and Puck hook up, but ignores Brittany and Santana's relationship.  Sue Sylvester is not featured near enough, but is still amusing.  Overall it was worth reading for a Gleek like me, but if you don't consider yourself a Gleek, or don't even know what a Gleek is, then you should probably skip this book.



I didn't get to participate in any of the Halloween Readathon events, which makes me sad.  But I did get to do a little twittering.  I had a great time, and I hope to do it again next year!

*reviews for Delirium, Fear and Hunger will be posted at a later date.



Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read Delirium. I really liked her first novel-Before I Fall. It seems as though she has got a good second book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a good book! I'm glad I have Before I Fall to look forward to reading, since it's probably going to be awhile before she comes out with a third book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delirium is on my to-buy list. Can't wait to see what you think of it!

    Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva