Saturday, October 9, 2010

Readathon Mid Event Meme

Mid-Event Survey:
1. What are you reading right now? A Taste of Red by Lewis Harris
2. How many books have you read so far? 4 and 3/4s
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? The Exile graphic novel by Diana Gabaldon!
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? Yes, I normally work weekends, but I requested off this weekend as soon as I knew the date of this readathon (I do home health care and I need to make sure my shifts were covered).
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Um, just the call of the computer, and the beckoning of the blogs, and the tittering of twitter...  but I'm trying to resist!
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? How much fun I'm having cheering!  I unofficially cheered last year, especially in the later hours, but it's nice being official and being part of Team Metaphor!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? We need to find a way to lure in more cheerleaders!  I think people think it's a lot of hard work, but honestly, you end up visiting so many blogs, why not leave a word or two of encouragement?  I definitely think more challenges involving cheer would be a great idea!
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? Oh, I will be doing this again.  Honestly, I did really good picking out easy reads so far.  So even though I've spent a lot of time online I've managed to still get through several books, which helps motivate me to keep on going!  Next time though?  Maybe a bunch of different flavored coffees!
9. Are you getting tired yet? Not really, I did make a pot of coffee, but I'm working slowly through it.  Still raring to go!
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Obviously book selection is key, you need something to hold your interest.  And as others have mentioned, it's important to be flexible.  If a book is boring you, or not flowing, put it down and pick up another one!  The library police are off duty during the Readathon, so no one will come knocking on your door for failing to finish each and every book you start.  You can always revisit the book in the future.  And plan snacks!  Snacks are so important, look how much time we spend talking about them!  lol  And Cheer, people, cheer!  Knowing that people are out there, staying up and reading along with you helps keep the energy up.  


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva