Saturday, October 9, 2010

Oct Readathon Challege Hour 1

Eeeeeek!  Readathon has begun!!  I'm starting off with the first challenge so that I can get it out of the way.

Hour 1 Challenge Meme: 


Where are you reading from today? Richmond, Virgina is the location, but I'll be all over the house today, trying to keep comfy and focused.  I might even read outside!

3 facts about me …  1. I wish I was cool enough to really get into comic book/graphic novel reading, but usually end up reading the popular ones.  2.  My middle name is Lorene, but it's pronounced like Loreen-ah.  It's a family name thing.  3. I love being back on the East Coast, but I miss Oklahoma so much more than I ever thought I would.

How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?  Something like 19... and plenty of others to choose from.

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?  Well, I'm cheerleading, I only signed up for an hour, but I plan on visiting each blog on my list at least once, but I'll stick with the late night readers as long as I can.

If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time? You know, I would say to pick small books, but I really think you just need to read what you want to.  If that 600 page book on Russian Czars and their coat button's calls to you then that's what you should read.  Try not to overdose on caffeine, and take part in my mini-challenge in Hour 17!



Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Apple, peach and pumpkin pie,
    You can’t read everything,
    But why not try?
    Happy Readathon!
    Go Team Simile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say that is very good advice!! I'll be stopping by for your mini challenge later today.

    Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the cheer and comments! I'm already having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for dropping by my blog! The read-a-thon had completely slipped my mind. Picking up my book now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I'm so glad your participating, the readathon is something I really look forward to, and this is my first time as an official cheerleader.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to your mini-challeng, and I LOVE that cat-book picture.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva