Saturday, October 9, 2010

Readathon Cheer Challenge!

Okay, can't resist this one, since I've been composing cheers all day!

Here's some I came up with:

North to South
and East to West
Readathon Readers
Are the Best!
Sea to Sea
and Coast to Coast,
Readathon Readers
have Read the Most!

Dewey's Readathon is finally here,
I'm full of words and good cheer
(and snacks and drinks and sleep deprivation)
Hoping to give you motivation!

Don't give in to yawning sleep,
That stealer of reading time, that creep!
Stay awake and read with me
And read of what was, what is, and what might be!


Every time you close a book
a writer somewhere starts to weep
So give that story one more look
You've got all of Sunday to sleep!


You've got the time and the books,
I've got the cheer and the good looks,
Between us two, we'll read all night
Until the sky is once more light!

You're blazing through your pile
And updating your blog on books,
So I thought I'd cheer you on a while
And tell you how great your site looks!

Read, Read, Read!
You reach for the next book you need,
Another pot of coffee, better brew it strong
But I'm still here to cheer all night long!


Pin It!

1 comment:

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva