Friday, April 15, 2011

Blog Hop 4.15

It's time to do some hopping!  Join in the fun at Crazy For Books!

Since I am stuck at home (bad car karma, my friends- it's a real affliction!) I thought I'd do a little spring cleaning, a little review writing, and some hopping!

 "Pick a character from a book you are currently reading or have just finished and tell us about him/her."

 I just finished reading A Killer Plot by Ellery Adams for my book club meet up tomorrow.  There's lots of characters to choose from, but I'm going with Captain Haviland- the poodle and sidekick of main heroine, Olivia.

Haviland eats better than I do most days, thanks to his rich, restaurant owning mistress and French chef Michel (plus a town full of people willing to cater to his human and canine appetites).  He's a big poodle (featured on the cover- his rightful place), and he's better trained than a whole fleet of K-9 dogs.  Leash laws rarely apply to Haviland, as he makes his way freely though the town of Oyster Bay by Olivia's side, and he's better behaved than most children under the age of 18.  

Bravery, thy name is Haviland.  While his stomach can get him into some trouble, including sedative laced beef, he's always willing to track down murders and fresh organic meat.  He is truly Olivia's best friend, and hopefully he's immortal (at least for the length of the cozy mystery series- I mean, if Garfield and Odie are still alive and kicking, then Haviland should be able to be around for all of the Books by the Bay books, right?).

Thanks for hopping by! 
 

 
Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. That sounds like a cute book! I love stories with animals.
    Happy hopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a big fan of poodles but the book does sound cute. Have fun at bookclub tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a personal quirk of mine, but is Haviland a dog detective or just a regular doggy sidekick who acts like a regular doggy? Because I have developed a dislike for animal detectives. Cats that deduce like Sherlock Holmes, dogs that use their little grey cells like Hercule Poirot. It bugs me for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a huge fan of poodles either, but Haviland has me re-thinking that position and making a dog by dog decision.

    Holly- he's just a sidekick. His owner's a little crazy and does tend to credit him with a superior brain to that of most humans, but he's still a dog. He doesn't talk, and surprisingly he did not solve the mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping through! LOL - I loved your description of Haviland. I'm not a huge fan of cozy mysteries, but I may just check this one out for Haviland and his crazy mistress :)

    Here's my Book Blogger Hop: 4/15-4/18 post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, love it!
    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/04/book-blogger-hop.html

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva