Thursday, April 7, 2011

Readathon Pile O'Books 4.9.11

It's here!!!  The pile that I've been buying, trading, borrowing, and planning the last six months is finally ready to reveal! Well, at least the physical books I'll be attempting to tackle.  I'll share kindle and audio selections tomorrow. ;)


There is a good mix of a few novels, some YA, and graphic novels.  In case the picture isn't too clear, here's the list:

(from the top)
The Blackstone Chronicles Part 1: An Eye For An Eye by John Saul
The Blackstone Chronicles Part 2: Twist of Fate: The Locket by John Saul
(the other 4 are not pictured, but will be read if I get caught up in the series)
Sweet Valley High #31 Taking Sides by Francine Pascal
A Killer Plot by Ellery Adams
The Tachyon Web by Christopher Pike
Scott Pilgrim #6 by Bryan Lee O'Malley
Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume
The Postman Always Rings Twice by James M. Cain
The Girl In The Green Raincoat by Laura Lippman
Something At The Window is Scratching by Roman Dirge
The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen
Cycle of the Werewolf by Stephen King
Coraline by Neil Gaiman 
The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
The Adventuress by Audrey Niffenegger
The Night Bookmobile by Audrey Niffenegger

I know, I know, it looks like a lot, but it's really not! So many of these are well under 100 pages, and obviously some are mostly pictures.  I try not to tackle lengthy novels during readathon, as I always feel behind straight out of the gate.  Plus by reading lighter material it frees me up to tweet and cheer (plus I'll be hosting a mini-challenge at 9pm EST, so be sure to stop by!).  

None of these books are written in stone either, I reserve the right to grab Across the Universe, Matched or any of the other lovely titles sitting on my TBR shelves.  The one exception is The Night Bookmobile- I am itching to read this, and the only reason I haven't is that I just picked it up today and even I can exercise a little self control to get me through today and tomorrow.  I hope...

And several of my selections are for challenges- I haven't read one single book for the YA of the 80's challenge, nor a cozy mystery for the cozy mystery challenge. The Postman Always Rings Twice is good for my Dusty Volumes challenge, and of course I have the Stephen King challenge and my own Read Me, Baby, 1 More Time challenge to continue with.  

Kindle and audio choices will be posted tomorrow!  

So what's in your pile?  Please share your link because looking at people's pile o'books is my favorite part of pre-Readathon! 








 And now for the Dollar Horror Bin Movie Challenge!

Day 16 - Your favorite childhood themed horror film:

I took this to mean what horror movie involving childhood/children I most liked, like The Omen or The Good Son, or even Rosemary's Baby.  My favorite is maybe not necessarily a horror film, but it certainly scared me off little girls named Rhoda, so I chose The Bad Seed.  I prefer the ending in the book, but I guess the public couldn't handle the idea of a little girl serial killer going unpunished back in the day.



Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck on your reading challenge! I have Coraline in my TBR pile too. And yes! I looooved the Bad Seed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't care what you say, that's quite a stack even if some are under 100 pages.

    You get props from me for going with the old school B&W version of the Bad Seed. That little girl... brrr. She was CREE. PEE. Great movie. I also like Children of the Corn and Turn of the Screw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!!!! Great list of books lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great stack of books! Coraline, The Night Bookmobile, and Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing are fantastic reads! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to read The Night Bookmobile. I'm hoping I'll finish A Separate County tomorrow so I can start on The Hunger Games trilogy first thing Saturday AM. If I finish that I have some graphic novels to read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going with Holly on this one I LOVED Children of the Corn!
    Your pile is awesome so far, I know you have more to add and will continue to add up til the last second. Some look really intriguing so I can't wait to hear which ones turned out really good reads!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva