Friday, April 8, 2011

Readathon is 24 Hours Away!

Do you smell that?  That scent of library books and Kindle covers, of yummy snacks and brewing coffee? That's right, it's almost time for Dewey's Readathon! 

Yesterday I posted my truly lovely (and completely improbable) book pile.  But I also have a Kindle which I will be reading from at times.  I use my Kindle a lot in my day to day life, but during Readathon there's something about grabbing book after book from a dwindling pile that I love.

I also have some audio books to get me through the late hours, or the times when I'm obsessively tweeting.







Here are the books/short stories I have waiting to read digitally:

Kate's kindle-readathon-4911 book montage



The Witch's Guide to Cooking with Children
Tales of Terror from the Black Ship
Wake
When Colors Bleed
My Soul to Lose
The Last Little Blue Envelope



Kate's favorite books »

}


The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson
The Witch's Guide to Cooking with Children by Keith McGowan
Tales of Terror from the Black Ship by Chris Preistley
When Colors Bleed by Estevan Vega
My Soul to Lose by Rachel Vincent
Wake by Lisa McMann

For my audio books, I have:

Blood and Smoke by Stephen King
Fantastic Mr. Fox by Roald Dahl
Bunnicula Strikes Again by James Howe

I'll be cheering towards the end of Readathon, so I thought it would make sense to listen to audio books while I got my megaphone and pom-pom routine on.

And now on to Readathon snacks:
Not a whole lot of excitement here- I'm on a diet, though I will be bending the rules a bit.  Mostly I will have fruit, veggies and nuts to snack on.  But I also bought some Carb Smart ice cream bars, which I love.  Since I live in Virginia I might cheat with some 5 Guys (best burger and fries in the universe- or at least the parts of the universe I've visited so far), but if so I will be doing a lot of reading on the treadmill! 

And of course, here's my Readathon companions:


 Emmy, looking at her Readathon Snack wish list

Riley, who shares snack interests with Emmy
Joey, she has no interest in the mice or humans.  She does like Readathons though.

 Our mice, Kinky (so named for the kink in her tail) and Chaz.  This is their second Readathon, and they are looking forward to the late night audio books the most.


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I'll make sure to add a pic of my Riley as my companion tomorrow, they all look so cute!
    I'm hosting book club next weekend, and I'm making this chicken dish but I'm going back and forth about whether or not I want to make the dessert myself or get something from a bakery. So today, I'm going to go to a couple of bakeries and bring some stuff home and they will serve as my snacks for tomorrow!
    I'm thinking I might need to add another audio book to my pile. I have A LOT of work to do at work and I'm afraid I wont get as much reading time there as I had hoped. But if I add in a last minute audio then it wont be time wasted. I'm thinking either the 1st Harry Potter, or just the last half of Fever Pitch by Nicholas Hornby, since I'm already about half way done now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had planned on only reading Laurell K Hamilton, but then I realized why one of your "real" books looked familar. I really should get started on our book club book. I think part of tomorrow will be spent searching for the damn thing! Also, I should look for a my tape player (yes, tapes) so I can listen to my favourite audio books! thanks for the great idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva