Saturday, April 23, 2011

Weekly Geek: A-Z Authors

 Thought I'd do Weekly Geeks, because this looks like a fun meme!
 
You know how when someone asks you who your favorite author is? And you feel a bit crazy coming up with just one? Now is your chance to come up with 26 (at least) favorite authors by making a list of  them ABC style.  (See my above link from the past for an example.) There are no rules, list a couple per letter if you feel the need. Skip a letter if you draw a blank. Make it be categories if you want to.  For instance, a favorite YA author list. A favorite classic author list.  A favorite "new to me" author list. A favorite mystery author list.

Or simply an all time favorite author list... from A to Z!

A- Jane Austin, old shool V.C. Andrews, Sarah Addison Allen, Peter Abraham, Piers Anthony
B- Maeve Binchy, Toby Barlow, Clive Barker, John Belairs, Judy Blume
C- Chelsea Cain, Meg Cabot, Ernessa T. Carter, Suzanne Collins, Kristen Cashore
D- Larry Doyle, Roald Dahl, Roman Dirge
E- Jeffrey Eugenides, Janet Evanovich
F- Victoria Forrester, Cornelia Funke
G- Tess Gerritson, Neil Gaiman, Emily Griffin, Diana Galbadon, Lisa Gardner
H- Victoria Holt, Joe Hill, Charlaine Harris, Francis Hardinge, Ellen Hopkins, Alice Hoffman, Matt Haig, James Howe
I-
J- Maureen Johnson
K- Stephen King, Dean Kootnz, Jack Kilborn
L- Jeff Lindsey, Richard Laymon, Gail Carson Levine, Stieg Larrson, C.S. Lewis
M- Stephenie Meyer, Martin Millar
N- Laurie Notaro, David Nicholls
O- Lauren Oliver, Bryan Lee O'Malley
P- Christopher Pike, Chris Preistley, Jackson Pearce
Q-
R- Ann Rule, JK Rowling, Anne Rice
S- Shel Silverstein, William Shakespeare, LJ Smith, John Saul
T-
U-
V-
W- Dan Wells
X-
Y- You!
Z- Markus Zusak
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Nice list. I'm playing for the first time...I couldn't resist making a list. My list is here

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to come back to this one when I have more time to make a list of my own. All good authors though, my favorite was your "y" selection! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool list..

    I don't see Ann Rule on much people's list - but I personally love her recap of true crimes - she does bring a certain something to the re-telling and she has a define style that works for me...

    Have a great week...

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva