Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Samples Readathon Today

As promised, today will be dedicated to reading all the many, many samples I have lingering on my Kindle.  As the day goes on I'll be updating this page with the books I plan to read, or not to read, based on the sample chapters.  Will I read every word of every sample?  Probably not- some books I can tell right away are a perfect match, while others I can tell right away aren't going to be a match made in Reading Heaven (where all the good little readers go). 

I do have other things to do today, which is my only day off this week before Readathon, but I will try to do as much damage as I can in the attempt to tame my ever growing samples pile.

Books To Read:
1. Favorite by Karen McQuestion- awesome author last name, no?
2. Green Witch by Alice Hoffman- have no idea why I had the sample, I already know I want to read this.  Sometimes I download samples as reminders to buy though.
3. You by Charles Benoit- the style is intriguing, willing to see if it holds up for an entire novel.
4. Nothing Like You by Matteo Trisolin and Lauren Strasnick- so far, so good.
5. The Love Goddess' Cooking School by Melissa Senate- yes, more please!
6. Alice I have Been: A Novel by Melanie Benjamin- very interesting so far.
7. Ravens by George Dawes Green- again, I dug the sample.
8. Mermaid Park by Beth Mayall- not sure what this will end up being about, but I already like the characters.

Books to Maybe Read:
1. Juliet by Piers Anthony- love his Xanth novels, but the sample was way too short to tell if I'd like it or not.
2. Elixir by Hilary Duff and Kevin Twomey- not really impressed by what I read, but I'd maybe check this out at the library someday.  Close call, as I almost bought it at Borders a few weeks ago!
3. The Tutor by Hope Tarr- another maybe.  I can't remember how this book ended up in my samples pile, and I honestly can't tell what it's about, although I liked what I've read so far, just not enough to buy it.
4. City of Dreams & Nightmare: City of a Hundred Rows, Book 1 Cby Ian Whates- I'm a bit lost so far, but it's entertaining.  More of a library pick up then a gotta-read-gotta-own for me though.
5.

Books To Skip:
1. Elixir by Hilary Duff and Kevin Twomey- Yes, I know it's in the maybe pile, but I really don't feel like my life will be less if I miss out altogether on this read.
2.
3.
4.
5.


Also here's my daily entry in to Dollar Bin Horror's Movie Challenge!

Day 15 - Your favorite horror film involving serial killers:

The Deliberate Stranger about serial killer Ted Bundy.  Mostly because the nightmare of Ted  Bundy is very, very real. I know it's a tv movie, but this is the movie that started me on my life long interest in serial killers.  I was still in grade school when this movie came out.  It might explain a lot of why I'm so twisted....  It also explains my unreasonable dislike of Mark Harmon (that and the fact that his character on Moonlighting tried to come between Cybil Shepard and Bruce Willis).
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Is this the Readathon you mentioned in your comment? If not, tell me more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope- Dewey's Readathon is a 24 hour event twice a year (once in April and then again in October). We read, post, do challenges, cheer each other on and tweet for a whole day. It's a BLAST! Here's the link for the site that will give you a little more info. Plus I'm hosting the Book Sentence Challenge where you have to make a sentence using the titles of books you own (and you have to take a picture of it and post it on your site). There's prizes and fun, and lots and lots of books!

    http://24hourreadathon.com/

    Bittner's doing it too! She's already posted her book pile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! I will check it out.

    I swear I am the only person on the planet not tweeting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doooooooo iiiiiiiiiit!

    And you're not the last person on the planet not tweeting, you're just the last person on the planet not living in a nursing home that's not tweeting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I haven't seen that Ted Bundy movie so I can't use it as my excuse, and I remember Moonlighting but I don't really REMEMBER Moonlighting...But i've never liked Mark Harmon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea to have a personal read-a-thon with eBook samples. I have a ton on my NOOKColor that I haven't read yet.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva