Tuesday, April 5, 2011

It's Sample Reading Time!

I am a sucker for Amazon's free preview sample for the Kindle.  I download them constantly but do I ever read them?  No, because now I'm back to over 50 samples to read.

So although I work all day today, I am off Wednesday.  Instead of wasting time trolling the internet, I'm going to have a little Kindle Samples Readathon.  I will update tomorrow's page throughout the day with the books I'm loving and will eventually read, and the ones that just didn't click. 

And then once my samples are all read, I promise to never have more than 5 unread samples in my Kindle at any given time.  If I'm tempted to download a 6th one, then I MUST read a pre-exisiting sample first. 

Sounds like a plan!  But we'll see what happens...






And now, the moment you are no doubt waiting for with breath baited, it's time for Dollar Bin Horror Movie Challenge!

Day 14 - Your favorite zombie film:


Wow, this is a tough one.  Do I go with 28 Days Later?  Because I don't know if that completely falls under the category of zombie flick.  I love the re-make of Dawn of the Dead, and I really enjoyed the Nazi zombies in Dead Snow, but favorite means I can watch it again and again... so I'm going with Planet Terror!  What wouldn't be better in a zombie invasion then a machine gun leg?  Such a great cast and plenty of wonderful lines.  Although Death Proof was my favorite of the Grindhouse films, I still adore Planet Terror.



Skip: It's go go, not cry cry.
 
Sheriff Hague: Give him the gun. Give him all the guns. 

El Wray: So what are you going to do now?
Cherry Darling: I'm going to be a stand-up comedian.
El Wray: You're not funny.
Cherry Darling: That's what I keep trying to tell everybody but they all say I'm hilarious.
El Wray: But you're not.
Cherry Darling: There's a difference between being frank... and being dick. 

Cherry Darling: Name's Cherry Darling...
El Wray: Sounds like a stripper name.
Cherry Darling: No, it sounds like a go-go dancer name. There's a difference. 

Dr. Dakota Block: Tony, if anyone comes up to the car, I want you to shoot them. Just like in your video games: shoot them in the head.
Tony Block: What if it's dad?
Dr. Dakota Block: Especially if it's your dad! 

Sheriff Hague: Now you've got a gal in your wrecked truck with a missing leg? A missing leg that's now missing? 

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. First, I stopped downloading samples because I get so excited then never read them. I love the idea of them. Good luck!

    Re: movies, 28 Days Later was such an awesome movie - about 2/3 of it anyway. I definitely consider the infected zombie-like. I haven't seen Planet Terror, but it's in my Netflix queue. It looks pretty kick-a!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know your zombie flick selections get 5-stars, zombie killa' style, from me: Two semi-automatics, two sawed-off shotguns, and a hand grenade.

    If I can't pick The Walking Dead because it isn't technically a fil-um then I would have to go with Zombieland followed cclosely by Shawn of the Dead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I commend you on your goal of only having 5 samples at a time on your kindle. But I mean...well...come on!

    Good luck though!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva