Saturday, April 21, 2012

April Readathon Hours 9-17

 Okay, I'll actually be updating this after Hour 13, but I needed a place to put my Hour 11 mini challenge post.


So Steph is hosting this challenge (and actually sitting on the couch next to me), so I can't actually win, but we're all participating in each other's challenges.  For this challenge we have to write about an anti-hero:


My anti-hero is Driver from the book Drive by James Sallis.
 Ryan Gosling


Driver is a, big surprise, driver for anyone that's needs it- mostly bad guys robbing banks and stuff.  He also is a stunt man.  He gets involved with his neighbor (not sexually but emotionally, and not as deeply as in the movie... which is awesome) and ends up involved in her recently out of jail husband.  Driver only drives, he doesn't like to get involved in shiz, but he gets double crossed, so he goes up against the bad guys, but mostly to get revenge and not because he's trying to be a hero.  He is awesome, and Ryan Gosling plays him in the movie.  And I know I've posted this before, but once more:





Title of book(s) read since last update: 
Finished The Perfect Husband (which was a partial read from before Readathon)
House of Odd *manga
Meet You Match, Cupid Delaney- actually only read 27 pages, but I doubt strongly that I'll be coming back to this book but I wanted to mention it. 
 


Thoughts on current read:
Currently I'm reading The Invention of Hugo Cabret, which is really good but now I just want to watch the movie!

Number of books read since you started:
Finished 2 half read books, and a manga, half way done through my current read.

Pages read since last update: 
593, but Kim thinks I shouldn't be able to count all that since over half those pages were manga or drawings in Hugo Cabret, but I think she's just jealous.  ;)

Running total of pages read since you started:
709

Snacks Devoured:
I don't want to talk about it.  Why did vomitoriums go out of style?

I'm not tracking websites right now, mostly because if I'm not reading, I'm talking to Kim and Steph.  Now I'm off to cheer!
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. I'd like to read Drive. I really enjoyed the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been doing so well. =O) I agree about the vomitoriums, I could use one about now. I want to read Hugo too. SO many I want to read!

    I was just looking at the kitty in your header. I have a fat black kitty named Alice and I have a five month old, quite a bit less fat kitty named Arya. That kitty reminds me of a cross between the two of my kitties. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phwoar, that's one way to wake us all up ;) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK I had to laugh at your vomitorium! I felt like I ate more yesterday than I have in forever and it wasn't my good normal food either! It was casserole day LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read Drive but i do remember how much you liked it and how much you like Mr. Gosling!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva