Sunday, April 22, 2012

Readathon is Over, and I'm Overtired



1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
Hour 21, it was almost 6am here and we all had agreed to crash at 6am... so of course I was instantly exhausted!

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
My actual reading was pretty pitiful, but The Invention of Hugo Cabret was a good Readathon book, and so was the Lisa Gardner thriller.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Well, next time around I think I need to volunteer to do more of the harder jobs (instead just hosting a challenge and cheering, more helping to orginize), but I'd like to see more communication and pre-Read-a-thon activity to get people excited.

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
Twitter and the Hour 20 commercial that was posted- that woke me up!

5. How many books did you read?
I finished 2 half read books, 1 manga and 1 full book.

6. What were the names of the books you read?
Finished Plum Lucky by Janet Evanovich and The Perfect Husband by Lisa Gardner, read House of Odd manga, and read all of The Invention of Hugo Cabret... and 27 pages of Meet Your Match, Cupid Delaney... didn't really live up to my tween memories of it. :(

7. Which book did you enjoy most?
House of Odd, since it featured my literary boyfriend Odd Thomas.  But the ending of The Perfect Husband was really edge of my seat... and Plum Lucky had me laughing even though I don't enjoy the in-between-the-number books as much... okay, I'll go with House of Odd.

8. Which did you enjoy least?

Meet Your Match, Cupid Delaney... sometimes you can't go back again when it comes to childhood favorite reads...

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?

Just prepare some cheers ahead of time, but make sure you're connecting on some personal level before you post your cheer.  Also be prepared to be frustrated by bloggers who use word verification.  Yes, it's a pain in the rear, but I'm just going with the assumption that some bloggers aren't even aware that it's on their comments and that they're not actually trying to torment me.


10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I am 100% likely to participate, I take off work and cancel any plans that might interfere.  I am a fan of Readathon.  I plan on stepping up and taking on a larger role.  I guess I've  been a bit afraid of taking on anything larger than cheering or hosting a mini-challenge, but I realize that it's time to step up and help out the event that I love so much.  Dewey's Readathon is what got me started in book blogging, and it's time to honor that.
Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. You keep mentioning the word pitiful and I think you are underestimating yourself. You did an outstanding job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree with Whitney. You did great! Certainly much better than I did. *clears throat uncomfortably* Now, are you ready for Spring into Horror? I am so psyched for it!

    Thanks again for cheering too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your readathon. Have a nice nap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the read-a-thon you did awesome :) I don't think I would've been able to do it X)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a huge fan of the read-a-thon too :)

    You kicked butt :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did great and participated in so much! Major love for the read a thon over here too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job, Kate! You guys did awesome, and I'm sure you had a lot of fun together! Thanks for introducing me to the readathon (well, you and Courtney) - it was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The hour 20 commercial. He he he. I agree with more pre-readathon communication to get the word out. The more participants, the more fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also read Hugo! It was an awesome readathon book! totally made me feel accomplished. And it was nice to mix it up. I crashed at hour 20 (4am in toronto). Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sad that I fell asleep so early because i have no idea what this whole hour 20 commercial thing is!!!

    Andrea and I have already made plans to hang out next readathon so I for sure will not be making any plans that day!

    And then there is always next April to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the idea of pre-readathon communication is a great idea. I love the RAT and think anything that can get more people involved is great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you had fun but, um, Odd is mine! You can't have him! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You were all over twitter and I appreciated your presence. I love the Readathon and would love it to be promoted earlier too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love readathon too! It's my favorite bookish event and I feel like I get to meet and interact with so many people. Having a common goal does that. I took on a bigger role last time but the roles changed this time around. Maybe that was part of the problem. I'll definitely take on a bigger role next time around as well.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva