Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Readathon Pile O'Books and a Hey Girl

First, a little pre-Readathon treat to all:

Sigh.  

So, now that's out of the way, here's the pile RG carried around for me:
From the Top:
The Next Accident by Lisa Gardner
Scott Pilgrim's Finest Hour by Bryan Lee O'Malley
House of Odd by Dean Koontz and Landry Q. Walker (illustrated by Queenie Chan)
Meet Your Match, Cupid Delaney by Ellen Leroe
Fade by Lisa McMann
Envy by Gregg Olsen
77 Shadow Street by Dean Koontz
The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick 
Locke & Key: Welcome to Lovecraft by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez

Will I get to all these books?  Probably not.  Especially considering that I'm also going to be with two of my fellow friends and bloggers, Kim and Steph.  Hopefully I'll be able to pry Why We Broke Up away from Kim, and I Hunt Serial Killers from Steph.  

Also, I have a lot of books awaiting me on my Kindle, so if none of these books are doing it for me, I'll read something from there.  Or just spend the whole Readathon finishing the third book in the Game of Thrones series.  

Besides reading (and eating!), I'll be cheering and hosting a mini-challenge during Hour 8.  I'm really excited to be doing Readathon with friends, especially bookish friends whose books I can steal borrow. 

What are you plans, bloggers?  Have you built your Readathon piles yet?  I know mine seems a bit ridiculous, but I believe in lots of choices (also graphic novels, mangas, and middle school readers).  Please, share your pile pictures, it's pretty much my favorite part of Readathon.

I can't wait for Saturday!
Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. I need to get started on my own list! I'd love to know what you think of Hugo Cabret, I thought the movie was fabulous. Have a great time with your read-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No need to pry! I promise to be nice and let you read it. And don't forget Divergent, as I'm pretty sure I will be forcing that upon you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and I am working and working and working to accomadate readathon so there WILL be reading.

      Delete
  3. It's not Feminist Ryan Gosling, but I am decidedly in favour of it, none the less. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Ryan! Can I get him to carry mine too, or maybe be my temporary librarian. I need some work done on my home library. ;O)

    I'm doing Dewey's too! Then, my week long read-a-thon starts Monday. I didn't see you signed up. Aren't you joining me this time?

    Anyway, great stack there. I have 77 Shadow Street. Need to get to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm doing a lot of reading on my iPad. I'm hosting a mini-challenge during hour 4. I'll be sure to add you to my Dewey list so I can check in during the readathon. Great book list! I'm super excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is built and ready! I have a feeling it will end up being whatever strikes my fancy so I am open to anything on my kindle or bookshelves!

    It is going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I posted a bunch of books on Kim's post, but I'm aaaalso bringing in addition to those: Ruse (graphic novel), The Giver, Spying In High Heels, Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys, and the first Game of Thrones... also Crossed.

    I Hunt Killers is on my kindle, which I will bring with me! (The book isn't lendable). You absolutely have to read it. It is right up your ally. OMG... sooooo excited!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait for Saturday. I'm pulling my stack together. Too bad RG can't help me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goal for today needs to be to finalize my readathon pile! Maybe I should call up Jim Sturgess to come over and carry it around for me *sigh*
    Graphic novels are always a good addition.
    I just finished the audio version of Wake yesterday! Loved it! But now I can't decide if I want to try to finish Gone before Saturday and then listen to Fade on the day of the readathon, or if I want to save Fade for readathon leave Gone for later...
    decisions decisions decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't officially pulled my stack yet, but I did pick up the first Scott Pilgrim book from the library the other day for readathon! Yay pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, the yumminess of RG! And I just LOVE that pic - it's the best "Hey Girl" I've seen! You're so funny and clever! ;)

    Your pile looks great! I really want to read some of the Scott Pilgrim graphic novels and The Invention of Hugo Cabret. And I've had Wake on my TBR list forever and I know Courtney really loved it so I need to read that series soon!

    Have fun and good luck on the readathon! I'll be stopping by to cheer you on even though I'm not an official cheerleader! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva