Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday Favorite Characters


This is my first attempt at writing a blog post on my phone, so please forgive any errors, but I just couldn't resist today's meme.

Top Ten Favorite Characters 


1. Odd Thomas- okay, ya'll knew my Odd one would have to be on here. I just love him, I love how moral he is, and how funny he is and really just everything about him. I can honestly say he's my favorite character of all time.

2. Drusilla from the India Fan by Victoria Holt- I really don't expect her to be on anyone's list but mine, but I adore her. She's just this plain girl from the rectory that gets all caught up in the lives of the rich Framlings. From England to France and to India, I was along with the ride, unsure of what would become of Drusilla.

3. Severus Snape- of all the Harry Potter characters that I truly love, and in fact this entire list could just be HP characters, Snape is my favorite. Would I love Snape as much as I do without Alan Rickman playing him on the movies? Probably not. Truly inspired casting.

4. Bailey from the Night Circus- I know it might be a bit soon to call him a favorite, but I instantly loved him. I was all in knots to are if he would join the circus, and it was through his eyes that I came to see the beauty of Cirque de Reves.

5. Tyrion Lannister aka The Imp- oh how I love the brilliant, cunning, witty Imp! Out of all the charctets from the Game of Thrones he is far and away my favorite.

 6. Rhett Butler- even without the handsome Clark Gable to bring Rhett to the silver screen, he's completely swoon worthy and the only man who is strong enough to go head to head with Scarlett O'Hara. But do I believe that he really doesn't give a damn? No, I do not.

7. Heather Wells- Meg Cabot's full figured ex POP star turned amateur detective is one of the best characters to ever come out of chick lit. She's got a new book coming out soon and I can't wait!

8. Beverly Marsh- as the only girl in the loser's club from Stephen King's It, I was instantly jealous of Bev, probably the first literary character that I wanted to switch lives with... Yes, I was an odd child.

 9. Harold the dog from Bunnicula- dogs in books are a favorite of mine, especially when they're food obsessed as Harold is. Harold, along with Chester, Howie and Bunnicula are amongst my favorite childhood characters.

10. Hannibal Lector- Yup, he's a bad guy. He kills and mains without conscience, but he's also a genius who can manipulate people with ease. He's both charming and violent. He's my kind of character.

So who's on your list?
Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. I love that you have the dog from Bunnicula and Hanibal Lector in the same list. LOL. There is a reason I like you. I have to start the Odd Thomas books and I love the rest of your list, too. Especially Bailey (OMGOMGOMG LOVE HIM!!!) And Snape (the bravest man I ever knew...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snape and Hannibal Lector are both beyond awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's no way I could have narrowed this down to ten characters so I didn't try. But you can bet your a$$ Odd would have been on my list. ;) I love that you love him too. At least someone gets me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someday I promise I will read the Odd series and Meg Cabot's series. And Snape, another excellent choice, gotta love the bad guy that turns out to not really be the bad guy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your list looks great! Although the only ones I really know that well are Odd and Snape!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! Couldn't agree more that Alan Rickman made really brought Snape to life! And I love that you included Harold from Bunnicula! Awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what an eclectic list! And Snape is really such an awesome character, and definitely more awesome because of the perfect casting! I need to read Odd Thomas some day... Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rhett! Yes! I ♥ him. And Hannibal Lector is a great one too. So brilliant it's scary. ;)

    Awesome list! And thanks for stopping by my blog! :)
    Becky @ Escapism Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. Snape and Hannibal Lector would definitely be on my list too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! Bevvy almost made it on my list too. And the Night Circus (slaps forehead). Okay, and I totally love Bunnicula. I think you're hysterical. Also, I see nothing wrong with admiring Hannibal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for Snape! I could have just made an entire list out of Harry Potter characters. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva