Monday, April 30, 2012

Spring Horror Readathon Wrap (and warped) Up


I made it!  And I got some books read from my TBR shelf, go me!  But I'm a little bummed it's over.  I had a lot of fun.  I wish I could have done more challenges, but there's always next time!

Here's what I read:
     


      Kate's springintohorrorreadathon book montage
   


 

   
Anna Dressed in Blood

   
Grave Secret

   
Meet Your Match, Cupid Delaney

   
The Night Circus

   
Scott Pilgrim's Finest Hour

   
Envy

   
Underworld

   
Locke and Key, Vol. 1: Welcome to Lovecraft

   
Will Grayson, Will Grayson

   
The Crow

   

Kate's favorite books »
 
 

}
I finished the very end of Grave Secret, and the last 140 some pages of Meet Your Match, Cupid Delaney.  I started, but did not finish, Envy and Will Grayson, Will Grayson (audio).   

Books I didn't get to at all: Divergent and 77 Shadow Street... kind of bummed about both and of course several review books showed up this week, so they'll have to wait a bit.  Again.
    
I pretty much loved everything I read this readathon, and I'm so glad I signed up!  I will definitely be doing any readathon's hosted by Castle Macabre.  I was really impressed by how it was run, and thanks to all the bloggers and authors who donated their time to challenges, prizes, posts and reading!  As much as I love the blogging community, I feel most at home with those that like the occasional darker story. ;)

     

Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Kate, I love you and your dark side! I'm glad you had such a great time doing this readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would be a fun to participate in. Sigh, so many fun things so little time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang, you did awesome!!! Hope you found some new favorites! :D
    -Heather@BookStacksOnDeck

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love dark stories and I'm glad you had a good time. Since you think the readathon was hosted so well, I'll sign up for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, Kate! Looks like you got a lot of reading done! I totally want to read Anna Dressed in Blood, Envy, The Night Circus, the Scott Pilgrim graphic novels, and the Abandon series! And I love WG, WG! Can't wait to see what you think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kate, I'm so glad you enjoyed the read-a-thon. Thank you for all your lovely compliments regarding the read-a-thon. I also want to thank you again for being such an awesome cheerleader to all the participants. I may have to make you one of my official cheerleaders. ;O) I'm hosting the High Summer Read-a-Thon from The True Book Addict in July and I do hope that you will join me. Would love to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The next scary themed read-a-thon at Castle Macabre will be in October, FrightFall Read-a-Thon. Another something to look forward to, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOWZER! You did amazing :)

    I am super impressed!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva