Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Spring Into Horror Readathon has Sprung!



I am so glad I signed up for this challenge!  So far I've finished Meet Your Match, Cupid Delaney (of course the only way that's scary is for teen girls freaking out that prom got cancelled) and Anna Dressed in Blood.  Anna is awesome, by the way, and if I die and become a ghost I kind of hope I get to be all kick ass like Anna... only I don't want to die all violent, but the ripping people in half thing could come in handy...

I'm also currently re-reading The Night Circus (for book club) and Scott Pilgrim's Finest Hour.  I hope to start Envy today too, since I spreading The Night Circus out a bit.  I have today off, so things look promising BUT our house is getting a new roof... which is loud, very loud.  I will be leaving the house some today, for sure!

Onto the mini-challenges!  This one is being hosted by Oh, For the Hook of a Book!

Be prepared to be amazed by all the Stephen King books I own!  Just saying, peeps.  It's impressive.  Although I will be surprised if I win this challenge, since there's so many other Stephen King loving bloggers participating and some of mine are duplicates.

Okay, let's start in the living room and then move into the office, shall we? 


1. Black House*
2. Just After Sunset*
3. The Talisman (graphic novel #1)*
4. Everything's Eventual*
5. The Green Mile (hardback)*
6. Under the Dome*
7. Cycle of the Werewolf*
8. Wizard and Glass*
9. Song of Susannah*

10. The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon (pop-up book)*
11. The Bachman Books*
12. The Talisman*
13. Danse Macabre*
14. Eyes of the Dragon*
15. The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon (paperback)*
16. Nightmares & Dreamscapes*
17. Needful Things*
18.The Wastelands*
19. The Green Mile*
20. The Drawing of the Three*
21. Dreamcatcher*
22. Bag of Bones*
23. Thinner*
24. Four Past Midnight*
25. Needful Things (hardback)*
26. Nightmares & Dreamscapes (hardback)*
27. The Stand **
28. The Dark Tower*
29. The Regulators*
30. Lisey's Story*
31. From a Buick 8*
32. Duma Key*
33. Eyes of the Dragon (Hardcover) **
34. Wolves of the Calla*
35. Cell*
36. Four Past Midnight (hardback)*
37. Stephen King Collection (The Shining, 'Salem's Lot, Night Shift and Carrie)*
38. It (hardback) **
39. Desperation*
40. The Drawing of the Three (another paperback copy)*
41. The Gunslinger*
42. Storm of the Century*
43. Blaze*
44. Insomnia*
45. On Writing*
46. Stephen King Three Novels (Carrie, 'Salems Lot and The Shining)

On My Kindle
47. The Colorado Kid*
48. Full Dark, No Stars*
49. Mile 81*
50. Blockade Billy*
51. The Stand*
52. Cujo*
53. Under the Dome*
54. UR*
55. 11/22/63 *(I had the hardback version too, but it's been stolen by my family ;)

On Audio:
56. The Dark Half*
57. The Gingerbread Girl*
58. It*
59. The Mist*

At one time or another I've owned almost every Stephen King book, but between multiple moves across state and one house fire, this is what I'm left with.  I think other than his book on baseball and Stephen King Goes to the Movies, I've read every book he's come out with. I'm surprised I don't have a copy of Dolores Claiborne though, that's one of my favorites.  Time to start buying SK books again!
Pin It!

27 comments:

  1. Wow...seriously? Wow.

    Also, I'm glad you like Anna! She is BA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BA? Do you mean bad ass? Because you can say bad ass on my site. ;)

      Delete
  2. Kate,

    Thanks for being part of Spring into Horror Read-a-thon.

    Brian Moreland

    author of DEAD OF WINTER

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Mr. Moreland! I'll be checking out Dead of Winter soon!

      Delete
    2. You should, it's amazing!! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you're enjoying the read-a-thon! As usual, I got sidetracked into changing the design of The True Book Addict. I needed to widen the sidebars and couldn't do it with the template I was using so had to redo everything with Picture Window. I think it looks good and just a bit different than before. Hope everyone likes it. =O)

    I might have you beat with the Stephen King. ;O) We shall see! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, now in order to beat you I have to go on a book buying spree... of course first I need to hold up a bank... it's times like this when it's a good thing that I'm a lazy procrastinator, otherwise I'd be in jail reading Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption...

      Delete
    2. I keep picking them up at library sale and half price books...so you might be able to finish your collection that way. But looks like you got alot of them.

      Delete
  4. Holy crap, girl! That's a LOT of Stephen King books! I'm so impressed! I have hardly read any of his books in comparison. And I really liked the ones I have read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Jenny, I'm almost 35 and I've been reading his books since I was 9 or 10... and especially in my younger days I was a fairly loyal reader. Once I found an author I liked, I'd devour all their books. Some authors I still do that with, King being one of them. ;)

      Delete
  5. Hey Kate, GREAT LIST!! I have alot of these too, but you're in luck, since I'm HOSTING the challenge, the HOST doesn't win. haha I think I'll still list mine though just for fun. I am so impressed by the photos you put with this also. I love it!! This is just what I hoped would come from the challenge. We have to motivate others to get their post done too.

    I have to say, I have read Billy, the baseball one. It was so short and I have it. But one I love that I didn't see on your list (unless I overlooked) was Rose Madder....LOVE that book!

    Thank you SOOOO much for taking the time to do this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't own a copy of Rose Madder anymore (water damage from a past house fire) but I did re-read it shortly after I started my blog because it was at a vacation home I was staying at, and it was better the second time around! Of course, I read Rose Madder when it came out, and I'm much older now so it was easier for me to appreciate it. I really want to do a re-read of Insomnia, because I haven't read that one since college but I remember loving it.

      Delete
  6. WOOT!! yOU Read some Stephen King dont cha?
    I am roaming your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, just a few books... lol. Thanks for stopping by my blog, Daph!

      Delete
  7. Damn! That is a lot of Stephen King books!!! I am thoroughly impressed! One of these days you should give Faithful, it's not so bad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I just might read it... just to say that I have.

      Delete
  8. The Stand---possibly my all-time favorite book EVER! It was just so very brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a masterpiece! My favorite part is in the uncut version, because I'm a morbid midnight girl, where it talks about all the deaths that happen AFTER the plague mostly due to people's stupidity and/or shock.

      Delete
  9. Wow. Just wow. I know I saw a lot of King books on your shelves but wow. I really hope you win!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HaHa, Kate! You beat me! I only own 45 SK books. There are 5 or 6 of his that I have read, but do not own. Guess I underestimated your SK love. ;O) (by the way, are you participating in my SK reading challenge? It's perpetual)

    So, how's the reading going? What are you working on now? I hope you're enjoying yourself this week. =O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know Michelle, several are second (and at least one book is triplicate)...

      Reading is going okay, but between work and Zumba class yesterday I haven't finished much. Hopefully today will go better!

      Delete
  11. WOW! Amazing collection. My Mum is a huge Stephen King fan, and I didn't think anyone could top her collection, but you have easily!

    I hope your enjoying the RAT as much as I am :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a collection :) And you're doing great with the read-a-thon & I read Anna Dressed in Blood, too & loved it! I hope Envy is good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love horror, and I've heard SO many great things about Anna Dressed in Blood. I have a copy on my shelf, but I haven't had a chance to read it yet...

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fantastic collection! I'd love to have this many. Especially would love to own that Talisman graphic novel. :)
    I mostly borrowed his books from the library. My favorites are The Talisman, Black House, Thinner, It and the Tower series. And it's not horror, but On Writing was also great.

    I've read almost everything from your list, but I still have to read 11/22/63 and Under the Doom.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva