Sunday, April 28, 2013

All You Need is Readathon: Update #5 (and the last!)

I am feeling as tired as the Beatles here:
 JUST KIDDING!  Since I turned a simple nap into a SLEEPATHON!   It's sad really, but I'll read a few hours today and cheer my cats and dog on to make up for not being awake in the late night hours. 
So far I've read:
Bunnicula Strikes Again (Bunnicula #6) by James Howe In My Dreams by Sarah Addionson Allen Nice Girls Don't Live Forever (Jane Jameson #3) by Molly Harper Stieg Larsson's The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo Vol. 1 (graphic novel) by Denise Mina, Leonardo Manco, and Andrea Mutti

Right now I'm reading:
Still listening to Game (Jasper Dent #2) by Barry Lyga

Challenges done so far:
Challenge 1 : Introduction
Challenge 2: Book Spine Poetry
Challenge 3: Book Appetit!
Challenge 4: Re-title Your Current Read
Challenge 5: Self-Portrait
Challenge 6: Book Puzzle
Challenge 7: Best and Worst Book Covers  
Challege 16: Turn the Page
Mid-Event Survey
1) How are you doing? Sleepy? Are your eyes tired?
I was tired, but I took a short nap.  I didn't sleep good last night, so I needed it.  I imagine I'll need another one if I don't get some caffeine soon!  The Hubs is bringing me home a Coke.
2) What have you finished reading?

I finished 3 audiobooks: Bunnicula Strikes Again by James Howe, In My Dreams by Sarah Addison Allen, and Nice Girls Don't Live Forever by Molly Harper.
3) What is your favorite read so far?

Nice Girls Don't Live Forever.  Molly Harper is hilarious!
4) What about your favorite snacks?

The Archer Farms Dark Chocolate Expresso Trail Mix.  Yummy in my tummy!
5) Have you found any new blogs through the readathon? If so, give them some love!

Under My Apple Tree

End of Event Meme
  1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Probably the ones I slept through, but lets not talk about them!
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Any books by Molly Harper, and audiobooks!!!
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? More chocolate!
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? I thought this was one of the best run readathons I've participated in yet!  Great job everyone.  Cheerleading went particularly well, I think!
  5. How many books did you read? 3 audiobooks and 1 graphic novel, over 1/3 of another audiobook.
  6. What were the names of the books you read? Bunnicula Strikes Again, In My Dreams, Nice Girls Don't Live Forever, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo graphic novel Vol.1, and over 1/3 of Game (Jasper Dent #2).
  7. Which book did you enjoy most? Nice Girls Don't Live Forever by Molly Harper.
  8. Which did you enjoy least? In My Dreams by Sarah Addison Allen, but that's 99% because I didn't like the audiobook narrator. 
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? Just tweet cheers too, especially in the later hours!
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? 100% likely!!!!  I'll do what I did this time, cheer, host a mini-challenge and listen to audiobooks.

What I've eaten:
 Sleep, I ate sleep, people.  
Now I'm gonna drink coffee.

A running tally:
Graasland
A Dragon's Love
Ciska's Book Chest
Kate's Book Nook
Leeswammer's Blog

For your viewing pleasure: 














Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. BAHAHAHA, that book sticker funny is SO TRUE. Those stickers are the bane of our frickin' existence at the shop, and they make me fairly murderous at home too! Congrats on a fantastic reading day, you've been a regular whirlwind of activity! And hooray for sleep, I had my full eight hours too but it's really just made me more awake NOW so I can continue my reading after hours. It's all good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. loooooooove all your random images. but the book hug is CREEPY... which is probably why you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had an awesome time!

    Love your pictures! I effing hate book stickers and I would freaking LOVE more HP. Steph is right though, the book hug is creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you did a fantastic job with this readathon, Kate! And I LOVE that Book Costs graph! So true!!!

    And yeah, I get what they mean by that book hug--we want them to hug us back because we just want to HUG ALL THE BOOKS, but I agree with Steph and Kim--it's creepy.

    AND OMG IF J.K. ROWLING DOES MORE HARRY POTTER I WILL BE FOREVER IN FANGIRL MODE TYPING IN ALL CAPS. That might not be a good thing for the rest of the world, but it will be FANTASTIC for me. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva