Tuesday, April 23, 2013

World Book Night 2013


Tonight is World Book Night! It's a night to get books to light to non-readers in hopes of spreading book love.  Much thanks to Midnyte Reader who brought my attention to this amazing event. 

I'm giving away copies of Still Alice by Lisa Genova at a local Assisted Living facility.  Still Alice is about a 50 year old woman who learns that she has early on-set Alzheimers and it's told from her point of view.  I work with many Alzheimer patients, and one of my clients lived at the facility that I'm passing the books out at.  It's bittersweet because my client passed away last week, but I'm so grateful to be doing this in her honor.  Getting people to read is amazing, helping to humanize Alzheimer patients is even better. 

Books are being handed out all over the world, but here's a look at the map of USA givers:

Pretty overwhelming, eh?  Thank you so much, World Book Night, for letting me be a part of this wonderful event!
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Have fun handing out books tonight Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like such a great program!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really sorry about your client, but love that you are able to honor her in a way that is special to the both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I promise you next year I will do this! It's such a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bittner and I need to do this next year. I wish I'd have thought ahead enough to do it this year. Sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva