Saturday, April 27, 2013

Readathon is On Like Donkey Kong


On your mark, get set, Readathon!

 1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Richmond, VA!
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
It's a tie between Nice Girls Don't Live Forever by Molly Harper and Game (Jasper Dent #2) by Barry Lyga.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Oooh, the mini-quiches I'm nomming on now and my Ritter bar.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I love the World Cup, and by that I mean soccer, since that's the only that matters. ;)
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
The last few readathons I've spent with some of my blogger friends. We don't get much reading done, but it's a lot of fun!  This time I'm on my own.  And instead of reading a lot of physical books, I'm listening to audiobooks so that I can focus on cheering and being social online.  As always, I'm most looking forward to co-hosting Hour 8 mini-challenge- so come back later!! 

Challenge #2 
Book Spine Poetry @ Scuffed Slippers and Wormy Books 


The girl with the dragon tattoo,
soulless,
unbreakable.
Darker still,
death proof.
Pushing the limits
into the dark,
the suburban strange.

Challenge #3
Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman 
We'd read the book, watch and compare it to the movie!
Food:
Cactus Shaped Pancakes
Homemade syrup which we'd name Witches Brew
Ladyfingers (renamed Dead Man Fingers)
Soup served in a cauldron

Drinks:
Midnight Margaritas!
Created Drink:
Love Potion #9 (basically I'd mix Smirnoff Kissed Caramel Vodka mixed with Orange Juice because it's delicious) 

Challenge #4
 Retitled:
Vampire Bunny Seeking Fanged Birth Mom

Challenge #6
  +
Hint: It's a book by one of my favorite authors and it came out last year. ;)

Challenge #7
Best and Worst Covers
I'm reading the graphic novel for The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, so here's the worst and best covers:
   Oh, dear God, this cover makes me want to poke my eyes out too, statue man!
 This is effed up.  And not in a good way.  Why is she such a bobble head?  Lisbeth Salander supposed to be kick ass, people! 
 This one works the best for me.  I love the intensity of it.  Plus, it reminds me of the the song Red Dragon Tattoo
 
 
 
  
    
 

I'll be starting with an audiobook of Bunnicula Strikes Again by James Howe.
What's up first for you?



Here's my pile for those of you interested:

Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. Good luck with the read-a-thon. Nice selection of books you have there. Amphigorey is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soccer, psh! Football is way better. ;) And again I vote for the Molly Harper book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo graphic novel. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Potion #9 sounds amazing. I'm going to have to try that one out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is your book puzzle Witch World? Or am I being too literal again? I am pretty bad at these puzzles, it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mini quiches...good choice! I'll have to add them to my snack list for my next readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining in the Book Puzzle mini-challenge. I'm terrible at guessing titles too, but it looks like Witch World or Witchy World. Keep up the reading!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva