Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Book Monsters Review-a-thon!

Last week I was all ready to give up on my Read and Review challenge- writing a review for every book I've read.  I've read, as of this very moment, 138 books this year.  I've reviewed a little over half of those.  But a few days ago I just sat down and finished 15 reviews in one day.  It felt good!  I am never going to be the book reviewer I want to be if I don't spend the time to actually write the reviews.  Practice makes perfect.  Perfect might be out of reach for me, but practice makes improvement too.  So I'm joining The Book Monsters Review-a-Thon.  Here's the list I hope to catch up on:
Books to Review:

The Night BookMobile
The Adventuress
The Girl in the Green Raincoat
The Peach Keeper
Blackstone Chonicles: pt.3 Ashes to Ashes: The Dragon's Flame
The Blackstone Chronicles: pt. 4 In the Shadow of Evil: The Handkerchief
The Tachyon Web
Daughter of Darkness
Juliet
Dead Reckoning
Prey
The Golden Acorn
Murder is Binding
The Blackstone Chronicles pt. 5 Day of Reckoning: The Stereoscope
The Blackstone Chronicles pt. 6 Asylum
Abandon
What the Night Knows
 Blood and Chocolate
Zombies vs. Unicorns
Love You More
Columbine
Hate List
Finger Lickin' Fifteen
Dirty Secret: A Daughter Comes Clean About Her Mother's Compulsive Hoarding
Chime
A Discovery of Witches
The Heretic Queen
The Sentry
The Cypress House
The Collector
not a fan: Becoming a completely commited followe of Jesus
The Night Season
The Bone Garden
Thrist No. 2
The Five
Girl
A Stolen Life: A Memoir
A Game of Thrones
Sizzling Sixteen
XVI
The Hypnotist
Liesl & Po
Ruined

I know, it's a lot.  I have some hand written out, some on goodreads or Amazon, because I do try to keep some kind of notes on the books I read.  Will I get to all of these before the 10th?  Heck, no!  But I'm hoping to get enough done to make it so in November, where I will be writing and not reading as much, easier.  I'll have a whole bunch of reviews saved up to post.  I'll be marking off the reviews as I write them, but I won't be doing them in order as I need to write my Liesl & Po review first.  Wish me luck!
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Whoa. That is a ton of books to review. You can totally do it, though!! I try not to let myself get past about 10 books, because then it just gets to be too much.

    I've never been to any organized Nano events, so I'm glad that Richmond has a really active scene. And I am for sure going to do another write-a-thon in november. I failed nano last year and I refuse to fail again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm fail this year at reviewing, I will not get this far behind next year!

    And Richmond does have a great NaNo community, but if you look online, I think there's other towns in VA that also participate and might be closer (but not as fun as) Richmond. I do hope you come to the Capital Ale House party on the 30th, because it's always such a blast! And there's free stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness I'm such a slow reader that all my reviews are caught up. ;) I'd be so overwhelmed if I was behind. Way to go writing all those reviews in one day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job.I recently came to the conclusion that I dont have to review every book I've read. Its relieved a lot of pressure for me. None of us got into blogging to be stressed out and overwhelmed! Hope you meet all your reviewing goals

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva