Saturday, October 22, 2011

Readathon Hours 1-4

It's finally here! Readathon has begun!  I'll be posting about every four hours, and just editing the posts as I go so that I don't completely overwhelm your Google Reader.

 Hour 1, Things I Done:
Books/pages read: 19 pages of Bad Girls Don't Die (finished), 49 pages of Who Killed Mr. Chippendale?
Challenges done: Just the introduction meme
Blogs visited: Abducted By Books
Food eaten: Way too many mini-quiches and cups of cofee

1)Where are you reading from today? Richmond, VA!
2)Three random facts about me… I collect Halloween mugs, my middle name is Lorene but it's pronounced Lorena, and despite being a Washington Redskins fan and being raised to hate the Dallas Cowboys, I love and watch the Dallas Cheerleader's Making the Team show on CMT.
3)How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours? about 20
4)Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)? Nope!
5)If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time? Stay connected through Twitter and TURN OFF WORD VERIFICATION!  Cheer even if you aren't an official cheerleader!


 Hour 2, Here's What I Did, How 'Bout You?:
Books/pages read: 39 pages of Who Killed Mr. Chippendale- almost done!
Challenges done: Character Challenge
Character- the Black Cat from The Black Cat by Edgar Allan Poe

Blogs visited: Amused, Bemused and Confused
At Home With Books
Birdbrain(ed) Book Blog
The Brain Lair
Recreational Reading
Must Read Faster
Naked Without Books
Food eaten: Sadly, not a damn thing.  Didn't move from my spot even to do the Character Challenge. ;)







 Hour 3, Stuff Done By Me:
Books/pages read: 10 pgs in Who Killed Mr. Chippendale? (finished) 7 pages in The Turn of the Screw (put aside for now, it's a little to slow of a read for Readathon, but I will finish it this month!) 26 pages in Scary Stories 3: More Tales to Chill Your Bones.
Challenges done: One Librarian's Book Reviews Book Puzzles:

Half-Minute Horrors (which is on my Readathon Tbr pile!)


Blogs visited: One Librarian's Book Reviews
101 Things in 1001 Days
Fake Steph
Lisa's World of Books
Epic (Chocolate) Fantasy
Food eaten: Cherry Orchard yogurt, water



Hour 4, My Readathon Chore:
Books/pages read: 81 pages in Scary Stories 3 (finished!)
Challenges done: The Avid Reader's Musings- State Setttings Challenge
Blogs visited: The Avid Reader's Musings
Food eaten: 1 mini Baby Ruth, water, 1 mini Kit Kat, Salted Carmel Mocha (thanks Hubs!)
Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. Food eaten... I love it!!!! I'm going to check my word verification now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot woot! Read Read Read!

    Have fun during today's readathon. And thanks for alerting others to disable word verification.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic progress so far! Yes, yes, I agree about word verification. Have a great day of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, good puzzle! I'd never have guessed it. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Other Kate! I love your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha I should have a food eaten on my status update :) Your puzzle was hard! I'm glad you posted the answer. What a creative blog you have!

    Jessica @ Books: A true story

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your black cat character challenge entry! It's so awesome. :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are doing awesome Kate! You are an inspiration to us all! I love your Readathon sign, what is that?

    I finished my book for book club in the first three hours and I'm hoping to finish an audio book and a graphic novel before the day is done but I have A LOT of cleaning to do so we'll see how it goes!

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice choice of photo for the mini challenge! Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with your reading today. I took a peek at the snacks you have ready to go for today and I wish I was atnyour house. Yum! I agree on the word verification - it's a pain on a day like today when a lot of commenting is going on.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva