Sunday, October 9, 2011

Dead Reckoning Review

Dead Reckoning 
by Charlaine Harris
From Goodreads:
With her knack for being in trouble's way, Sookie witnesses the firebombing of Merlotte's, the bar where she works. Since Sam Merlotte is now known to be two-natured, suspicion falls immediately on the anti-shifters in the area. Sookie suspects otherwise, but her attention is divided when she realizes that her lover Eric Northman and his "child" Pam are plotting to kill the vampire who is now their master. Gradually, Sookie is drawn into the plot-which is much more complicated than she knows...
My Thoughts: Is it weird that I slightly dread the newest Sookie books because I'm afraid that Harris is going to reunite Bill and Sookie?  Because I am an Eric fan, in both the books and the tv show (unlike Mr. Alan Ball who has a serious crush on Bill (Stephen Moyer) and can't understand why most women prefer Eric *rollingmyeyes*).  There's a lot going on in this novel, Sookie's fairy family are living with her, someone's fire bombing Sam's bar, Pam and Eric are fighting, a naked Alcide and of course, Bill the vampire.  Although I will continue reading this series, I'm just not having as much fun as I used to.  And while I was happy to see Amelia back, I was pissed about why she was back and what Sookie did behind Eric's back.  I just don't get her at times.  And that's true for book Sookie and doubly true for tv show Sookie.  Sometimes I just want to slap her, just a little, hard enough to leave a red mark but no real, lasting bruise.  And seriously, the whole nakedness with Bill was très annoying and completely ridiculous, and this is the opinion of someone that actually enjoyed Grease 2 so obviously my standards are pretty low.  Oh, and Hunter and a Pelt sibling were thrown in the mix too.  Like I said, a lot going on, with all the characters being a bit annoying (Eric in the beginning, Sookie towards the end, and Bill just because of his continued existence in the books.  My kingdom for a wooden stake!).  Even Sam was a jerk (yes, he's kind of one on the show, but in the books he's pretty lovable, except obviously to Sookie which is ridiculous because he'd actually be able to give her all the crap that she's always whining about).  So, I'll read the next book, and any after that.  But when it comes to re-reading I have a feeling that only book number 4 is going to get well-worn. 

Dead Reckoning gets a Midnight Book Rating of:

The extra half is for Pam.  Love her, wouldn't mind if she got her own series spin off- book or show!
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I agree. Each book is worse than the last. I don't even remember if I read this one. I need to find another series to fill the Sookie hole. Thanks for the reveiw!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva