Friday, October 21, 2011

Pre-Readathon Fun!

Tomorrow's the big day!!!  I am so super excited about Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon that it's a bit ridiculous.  And I'm okay with that, having embraced my spastic inner nerd long ago.  I'll be off to shop for Readathon snacks this morning, so expect another post soon.

Saw this on Facebook and it cracked me up:


Now I'm a fan of Twilight, and even though I'd already read the Harry Potter books, Twilight was the book that finally made me feel that it was okay for me to read YA even though my own young adult days are gone.  So I'm not Twilight bashing, but that said, this quote is totally true.  Twilight is literary candy, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Last night the Hubs took me to see Paranormal Activity 3 and it was super creepy and I screamed lots and once again wondered why the hell I keep insisting on going to see movies that I know will scare the crap out of me.  But ignoring my mental issues for a moment, we got to see the trailer for Daniel Radcliffe's new horror movie The Woman in Black:
Bet you wish you hadn't tossed that Elder wand, eh Daniel?

And I have to say, he's actually looking pretty handsome here, it actually took a few moments for me to recognize him.  

Tonight I'm off to an Octoberfest where I get to volunteer with the kid's soccer corner and turn down all that free beer that will be flowing from the free beer steins in order to be all sober and non hung over for tomorrow's Readathon.  Oh, the sacrifices to fun (and most often, dignity) that my inner nerd requires!  But I'm not only reading and obsessively twittering tomorrow, I'm cheering AND hosting a mini-challenge at Hour 9 and honestly my mini-challenge will be AWESOME.

Okay, now that I've started to go all caps on this blog, it's probably best to end this before I hit the caps lock for good.

Snacks to be posted later!

And I want to see your Readathon piles and snacks, and twitter names so that if I don't already follow you I can for tomorrow's big event! If you don't have Twitter or you never use it, trust me, Readathom is so much more fun with Twitter.  Just save the search for #readathon and we'll all be connected and my inner nerd will totally recognize your inner nerd.
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. I'm excited too :)
    We are already connected on twitter (that's how I ended up on your blog today) so I will follow your statuses. You are so right, it makes so much more fun with twitter. I do have heaps of snacks (don't even think I will be able to eat it all) but I didn't make a real pile of books (not to feel too overwhelmed lol). We'll see where I'll get.
    Enjoy the Octoberfest and happy reading/cheering/hosting during the readathon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love Stephen King - and yes; I do love Twilight - I do have to agree with him.

    I saw Paranormal Activity 3 last night too - and honestly? The scariest bit for me was the end of the "Woman in Black" trailer -- kept me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited about Read-A-Thon too! I think I met the majority of my Readathon friends (including you!) thru twitter.

    My town's Octoberfest is across the street from where I live. I don't drink but at least I know all the noise will keep me up later in the night ;)

    I just watched trailer for The Woman in Black. Really want to see it because it looks like MY kind of scary movie. He does look very handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that quote and I'm excited for the readathon. But kind of nervous, too!!! I should go buy snacks. And bacon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva