Thursday, October 13, 2011

Love You More Review

Love You More 
by Lisa Gardner
From Goodreads:
WHO DO YOU LOVE?
 
One question, a split-second decision, and Brian Darby lies dead on the kitchen floor. His wife, state police trooper Tessa Leoni, claims to have shot him in self-defense, and bears the bruises to back up her tale. For veteran detective D. D. Warren it should be an open-and-shut case. But where is their six-year-old daughter?
 
AND HOW FAR WOULD YOU GO . . .
 
As the homicide investigation ratchets into a frantic statewide search for a missing child, D. D. Warren must partner with former lover Bobby Dodge to break through the blue wall of police brotherhood, seeking to understand the inner workings of a trooper’s mind while also unearthing family secrets. Would a trained police officer truly shoot her own husband? And would a mother harm her own child?
 
. . . TO SAVE HER?
 
For Tessa Leoni, the worst has not yet happened. She is walking a tightrope, with nowhere to turn, no one to trust, as the clock ticks down to a terrifying deadline. She has one goal in sight, and she will use every ounce of her training, every trick at her disposal, to do what must be done. No sacrifice is too great, no action unthinkable. A mother knows who she loves. And all others will be made to pay.
 
Love you more . . .

My Thoughts: Just another great thriller from Lisa Gardner! There were lots of twists and heart stopping moments, and I thought I figured out the ending 20 times, only to have to constantly readjust my theory. Tessa Leoni was a great new character (and if they ever make a movie or lifetime film out of this book than they should totally have Tea Leoni play the role... but only because of her name), and I enjoyed her chapters the most. Both D.D. and Bobby are back, and this case is very personal for both of them. There was a shout out to the doctor who testified in the Casey Anthony trial- the doctor who can test the air for smells of human decomposition, and I thought that was a great and relevant bit of information as I think it'll be the future of crime solving even though it failed to impress the Anthony jurists, who obviously looked upon forensics and circumstantial evidence like it was some kind of black magic. Warning to the bad guys, you'd better dispose of those bodies quickly!  The ending of the book had me flipping back to the front of it, because it's kind of like when you watch Sixth Sense the second time and you're all like, Of Course!  And no, I will not believe you if you claim you figured out the plot twist to Sixth Sense the first time you watched it, opening day in the movie theaters.  I will call b.s. on that.  I'm more inclined to believe you if you say you figured the twist to this.  Because I thought I had it all figured out, but I was wrong about some major things, which is actually a fun, good thing when reading a mystery.  


Love You More gets a Midnight Book Rating of: 

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like a cool story, so I've added the first book in the series to my to-read list! And I totally agree with you about The Sixth Sense - it seems obvious when watching it over again, but I really doubt very many people figured that out when watching it the first time, and a lot of people seem to claim that they did. Liars! ;)
    Our review for The Sixth Sense will be posted this Sunday, 10/16/11, on reviewsin5.com!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read anything by this author but I'm not really into crime novels. Actually, come to think of it, I haven't really read many of them. I'll have to look into that next year.

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when you can't figure out who did it! Those are the best :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva