Saturday, October 22, 2011

Readathon Hours 10-15


And the Readathon goes on!  My little nap refreshed me and my headache is gone!  May take another nap later since I'm signed up to cheer during hours 18-21, but that's okay.  I'd rather nap a few times then crash and burn, falling asleep and miss the entire evening!

So how's everyone doing?  How's the reading , and more importantly, the snacking going?
My youngest niece (and the one named after me!) enjoying a donut. Sadly, I was not invited to this little trip to Krispy Kreme, but I wants me a pumpkin donut!  Oh, Krispy Kreme, you are to donuts what household chemicals are to meth- highly addictive and dangerous to my health!

Books/Pages Read: 78 pgs of Twilight Graphic Novel Vol. 2 (finished!) and it was GORGEOUS!
Challenges Done: My Perfect Anthology by Reading Romances.  Here's my (completely self-absorbed) answer:
Okay my Anthology would be called Stories for a Midnight Book Girl and it would feature stories by my favorite authors and feature me in every story!  Narcissistic?  Why, certainly!  :)
Authors: Stephen King, Joe Hill, Maeve Binchy, Christopher Pike, Sarah Addison Allen, Dean Koontz, Laurie Notaro, Meg Cabot, Maureen Johnson, Edgar Allan Poe (you didn't specify the authors had to still be alive!), Lauren Oliver, Frank Millar, Kristin Cashore, and Dan Wells.  It would come with a bonus cd featuring songs about me by bands like Coldplay, U2, Snow Patrol, Metric, The Bangles, The Beatles, Rufus Wainwright, Ryan Star, and Toad the Wet Sprocket.
I know, I need professional help.  Hopefully that'll be a prize I can win later on in Readathon!

Blogs Visited: Reading Romances
Basket Case Space
Snacks Devoured: This little piggy is full for now, but I hear pizza calling my name!  *Kaaaate, Kaaaaate, eat me, Kaaaaatieeeee* Oh, shut up pizza, I will come cook you in a minute!  Food can be so demanding at times!




Books/Pages Read: 76 pages of Every Thing On It, reading the super funny poems out loud to The Hubs.
Challenges Done: Book Trailer Challenge hosted by Quirky Girl Reads
The Book Trailer I choose: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhl7lbRNxoM
Blogs Visited: Books I Done Read
Snacks Devoured: The Hubs says Pizza Time!! So cheese pizza and red wine (and more water- my poor, poor bladder!)

Time to close my challenge and pick one random winner and one spooky sentence winner!  A huge thanks to all that participated- your creativity AMAZES me! ;)





Books/Pages Read: None, I spent over an hour looking at awesome book sentences though!
Challenges Done: Picked the winners for my own challenge!
Blogs Visited: Over 60!  Wow, people, wow!  Here's some (and I am too lazy to link all these):
The Avid Reader's Musings
http://avidreader25.blogspot.com/
Books and Things
http://killie-booktalk.blogspot.com/
Cerebral Girl
http://cerebralgirl.blogspot.com/
Haunted Orchid
http://hauntedorchid.blogspot.com/
Sherry Ann's Book Blog
http://blogbysherryann.blogspot.com/
Raist24
http://raist24.blogspot.com/
Bøker og sånt.... (oh, that's right, throwing a little foreign language your way!)
http://askine09.blogspot.com/
Jane's Book Blog
http://janeharfeld.blogspot.com/
Northern Stories
http://northern-stories.blogspot.com/

Snacks Devoured: More pizza, finished my glass of wine, some water and bite sized Kit Kat bar.





Books/Pages Read: 104 pages of Every Thing On It
Challenges Done: None
Blogs Visited: None
Snacks Devoured: Just water this hour, although I think it's time to pop some caramel corn!





Books/Pages Read: 15 pages of Every Thing On It (done, and it was good!) 17 pages of Ghost Poems
Ghoulies And Ghosties

From ghoulies and ghosties,
Long-leggity beasties,
And things that go BUMP in the night,
Good Lord deliver us.
                    Anonymous
Challenges Done: Not a single one this hour (it never posted!)
Blogs Visited: Sorry walked the dog, made some pain-in-the-ass caramel popcorn, and texted with my niece who WON"T STOP texting me.
Snacks Devoured: The pain in the ass caramel popcorn (it is yummy though!) and even more water.  Giving that bladder quite a work out today!





Books/Pages Read: 12 pages of Ghost Poems (finished) and 86 pages of The Lover's Dictionary
Challenges Done: Feed Me, Seymour and the Friendship Challenge (where I once again prove my loyalty to Stephen King- that crazy Annie Wilkes ain't got nothing on me!)
Blogs Visited: None, trying to get some reading in before I have to cheer in a couple of hours!
Snacks Devoured: Um... this hour?  Hmm, maybe a mini Baby Ruth and more water.  May need to snack on some sleep for a few minutes soon, but The Lover's Dictionary is sooooo good!


Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, that doughnut looks good! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Keep going! Ah, what a lovely day for the online reading community. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing great (and let me say that pizza and doughnuts sound great for the readathon), keep going!
    BTW, I love the design of your blog ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are AMAZING Kate!! Thanks for all of your rockin' cheerleading.

    And your niece is a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you are having a terrific read-a-thon - keep on reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you! You are awesome and amazing and I'm glad you are having so much fun this readathon! You are an inspiration to us all!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva