Monday, October 10, 2011

Bookish Visit to Carytown

One of the best things about living in Richmond, VA is going down to Carytown  It's full of awesome little shops and amazing diners, and of course it has the historic Byrd Theater. 

The Hubs and I headed there yesterday evening to meet up with my sister-in-law and my three nieces.  We went to dinner at the Galaxy Diner, where the Hubs got a Nuclear Waste hot dog, while I settled for the smaller, tamer Space Dog. 

Then we went to the Byrd Theater to watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part Two.  My niece Fiona, who is only two, got to see her very first movie in a theater, and after a few excited "Harry?  Harry Potter!" squeals of delight she settled down and behaved beautifully.  Unlike the four year old Dora Explorer wannabe two rows ahead who kept asking questions and screaming, "Muerte, muerte!" every time someone died (which is a lot in the last HP movie).  I was impressed at her bilingual skills, but everyone in the theater hated her parents. 



Before meeting up with the family, the Hubs and I walked up and down Cary Street, looking at some of the decorations the stores have up for Halloween. One hair salon had our favorite display.  Carytown is also where Richmond's Zombie Walk takes place.




And then because I'm a book girl we went into Chop Suey Books and I got some graphic novels and a book for my Readathon pile. 
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I love that theatre...
    I love days like the one you had...and I am extremely interested in that hot dog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the hair display! And the theater looks exciting! At first I couldn't tell if this was a post you had meant to post months ago or if it was a new one, because I was like "You went and saw Harry Potter AGAIN!" but then I was like, "Yeah, that figures."

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, you know you want to! Here's hoping that your next book is a Midnight Read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Attic Oddities kit by Irene Alexeeva